Bribery Trial Begins
- ALABAMA: JeffCo Appeals Go Nowhere. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/10/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33480, p7
The article reports on the refusal of the U.S. Supreme Court to consider the appeals of former Jefferson County, Alabama commissioner Chris McNair and several contractors who were convicted on bribery charges related to sewer system, and also reports that the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals in...
- With thinking like this, government can afford anything. Emerine, Steve // Inside Tucson Business;10/22/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p29
The author reflects on the issues with regards to the 2008 bond election in Pima County, Arizona. He mentions County Administrator Chuck Huckelberry who is concerned with the funds because County Assessor Bill Staples' 2008 full cash values is higher than in 2007. He added that Huckelberry...
- New Indictments Issued Over Sewer Kickback Scheme. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/25/2005, Vol. 255 Issue 4, p17
This article reports that a federal grand jury handed up new indictments on July 13, 2005 in an alleged bribery scheme during a federally mandated $3-billion repair of the Jefferson County, Alaska, sewer system. The grand jury indicted an additional six owners or managers, three construction and...
- IOWA: Polk GOs Another Way. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p42
Reports on the sale of general obligation (GO) bonds by the government of Polk County, Iowa to pay for Iowa Events Center project in Des Moines, Iowa. Reasons for the sale of GO bonds.
- Analysts: First-Ever Mexican Municipal Debt Issue Could Spark More Deals . Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31281, p6
Reports on the sale of certification of obligation deal of municipal debt issuance in Mexico. Estimated amount of the obligation deal; Necessity for the sale of obligation bonds; Preference of Mexican bonds in the international market.
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;12/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32030, p32
No abstract available.
- Trader talk. Easton, Steve // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/30/94, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p28A
Focuses on the bond market trading performance in Indianapolis, Indiana as of May 30, 1994. Effect of increased bids of commodity prices on inflation; Increase in stock prices for the week May 30 to June 5, 1994 compared with stock prices performances for the previous week; Company losers and...
- Some bond managers report gains. Star, Marlene Givant // Pensions & Investments;8/05/96, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p10
Reports on assets gains and losses of fixed-income mutual funds for the year through May 31, 1996. Gain of bond funds run by Vanguard, Merrill Lynch and PIMPCO Advisors; Losses by Franklin/Templeton, Fidelity, Putnam Funds, Mellon/Dreyfus, American Express, Kemper Funds and Dean Witter.
- Westchester County Selling $173M in Pilot Program. PHILLIPS, TED // Bond Buyer;2/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33263, p3
The article reports on the plan of the Westchester County, New York to market 173.1 million dollars of general obligation bonds on February 2010 as part of the its new-money deal since Robert Astorino was elected as county's executive.