Riley Signs Budget
- 'I MAY HAVE TO MOVE IN WITH MUM' // Nursing Standard;10/31/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p13
The article reports on financial hardship which British nurse Isobel Blake is encountering in 2012 as a result of child care costs, increases in the cost of living and increasing gasoline costs. A decision which Blake is considering to move in with her mother at the age of 36 as a result of her...
- Workforce Consolidation. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31796, p31
Reports that Alabama Governor Bob Riley has ordered the consolidation of federal and state workforce development activities into the newly created Office of Workforce Development. Streamlining of government operations in the face of a budget deficit; Absence of layoffs despite the merger;...
- NEWS briefs. // Community College Week;5/23/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p3
Presents news briefs on community colleges in the U.S. as of May 2005. Plea of former president of a defunct nondenominational Christian college to indictment charges for defrauding a student financial aid program; Assurance given by Montgomery, Alabama Governor Bob Riley that he will veto a...
- I earn over $100,000. Dinardo, Kelly // Glamour;Dec2002, Vol. 100 Issue 12, p146
Focuses on the standard of living of various women employees. Expenses of Miami-based chef Michelle Bernstein on food; Method of saving money on books by freelance commercial producer and director Maureen Timpa Hendricks.
- Are you charging enough to keep good employees? Wheeler, Jim // Contractor Magazine;Jun2000, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p32
Emphasizes the role of compensation in retaining good employees in the mechanical contracting business. Cost of living in the United States; Wage for a heating, ventilation and air conditioning technician; Importance of raising the compensation of employees in the contracting business; Service...
- Panel meets to weigh up cost of living in London. // Personnel Today;1/22/2002, p4
Reports the panel appointed to review the issues surrounding compensation for the higher cost of living and working in Great Britain. Examination of how pay in the capital contributes to staff retention and recruitment; List of panel representatives; Compromiser of the panel members.
- Cost of living stretches local salaries. Miller, Valeri // Las Vegas Business Press;8/20/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p7
Focuses on issues related to the standard of living in Las Vegas, Nevada. Impact of the low cost of living on the operations of business enterprises in the area; Provision of just compensation to employees in the city; Comparison on the wages of workers in the area to the work force in other...
- Alabama Governor Signs Budget, Eyes Special Session for Schools. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32191, p4
Announces the approval of Alabama Governor Bob Riley of the 2006 state general fund budget. Plan of Riley to consider a special session to ask legislators to approve a bond bill for school construction and to consider measures to relieve prison overcrowding in the state; Allocation of budget for...
- Alabama Governor Wants Special Session Accountability. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31815, p32
Reports on the priority of Alabama Governor Bob Riley in restoring public trust. Presentation of a balanced spending plan in 2005; State budget; Shortfall on Medicaid program.