Vanguard Adds Muni Analyst to Credit Research Unit
- Vanguard's Mantra: Lower expense ratios mean more for shareholders. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;08/17/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30458, p1
Discusses Valley Forge, Pennsylvania-based Vanguard Group's business approach for municipal bonds. Company's focus on lower expense ratios on bond funds; Top five holdings of Vanguard funds; Remarks from Reid Smith, senior portfolio manager; Vanguard's municipal bond funds.
- Mutual Funds: Vanguard Dropping Insured Requirement for Some Funds. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;2/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31319, p31
Reports on the decision of Vanguard Group Inc. to eliminate investment guidelines on its six state-specific insured municipal bond funds which required the fund to maintain at least 80% of their assets in insured bonds. Reason behind the decision to eliminate investment guidelines; Effect of...
- Brokers seek dismissal of Vanguard lawsuit. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/14/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30371, p3
Reports that lawyers for municipal bond pricing brokers will ask a United States federal district court to dismiss charges by a group of Vanguard Group mutual funds that they incorrectly priced The Bond Buyer's index of municipal bonds in December 1995. Vanguard's financial losses resulting...
- Spokane Case Could be Settled. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;3/31/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31853, p1
Reports that Spokane, Washington could reach a settlement with investors holding Spokane Downtown Foundation parking garage bonds if the city council will approve a general obligation bonding measure. Nuveen Investments and Vanguard Group Inc.'s investment in the bonds; Issuance of the bonds in...
- Vanguard Set to Offer Its First Muni-Bond ETF on Tax-Free Appeal. Chappatta, Brian // Financial-planning.com;1/07/2015, p5
This article discusses the plan of mutual fund company Vanguard Group to offer its first exchange-traded fund focused on the 3.6 trillion dollar U.S. municipal-bond market and the comment of Vanguard Chief Executive Officer Bill McNabb regarding the tax advantages provided by municipal bond fund.
- Vanguard Takes Low- Fee Road With ETFs. Seymour, Dan // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/25/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 24, p9
The article reports on the three municipal exchange-traded funds (ETFs) launched by Vanguard. It states that the funds will try to replicate indexes that track the performances of certain sectors of municipal bonds. It notes that the proposed fees that Vanguard will charge is only 12 centavos...
- Our Favorite Municipal-Bond Funds. Kinnel, Russel // Morningstar FundInvestor;Jun2009, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p18
The article focuses on the municipal-bond funds in the U.S. including Vanguard Group Inc., Fidelity Corp., and Franklin Corp. It states that Vanguard can invest in high-quality debt and delivers competitive returns and yield. Fidelity does more legwork, and does not take on a lot of risk,...
- Combs begins next chapter at Vanguard. Parmar, Arundhati // Pensions & Investments;1/8/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p8
The article reports that former assistant labor secretary in the U.S. and head of the Employee Benefits Security Administration Ann Combs will join Vanguard Group Inc. in Malvern, Pennsylvania. Combs will join the company as principal and head of its newly created institutional strategic...
- Vanguard Debuts First Muni Index, ETF Fund. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;1/08/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34239, p1
Vanguard is expanding its existing lineup of municipal bond funds with the upcoming launch of its first-ever national municipal bond index fund.