Piper to Expand Public Finance Unit With Funds From UBS Deal
- Investment firm Piper Jaffray poised for entry into bank M&A. Gawarecki, Mara // North Western Financial Review;Oct2015, Vol. 200 Issue 11, p37
The article reports that the asset management firm Piper Jaffray has announced several acquisitions including the investment banking firm River Branch Holdings LLC, BMO Capital Markets GKST Inc. and municipal bond sales of BMO Financial Group. Topics discussed include views of Andrew Duff,...
- Warburg's fixed-income operation gets Yankee flavor. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;05/22/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 21, p8
Reports that UBS Warburg's fixed-income leadership is becoming decidedly more American in flavor. Robert Wolf's promotion to head of all global credit products; Company's name change from Warburg Dillon Read; Company's growing ambitions in capital markets in the United States; Goal of being the...
- Top Financial Advisors: Small Issues. // Bond Buyer;1/4/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33642, p16
No abstract available.
- Maui County, Hawaii, to Use Two Underwriters,FA for $74M Deal. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/9/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33413, p27
The article reports on the move of the government in Maui County, Hawaii to choose underwriters, Piper Jaffray and Co. and RBC Capital Markets Corp., to handle the pricing of its 74 million dollar general obligations bonds.
- Stratasys. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;9/10/2014, pA02
The article reports on the increase of shares of investment banks Piper Jaffray & Co. and RBC Capital Markets Corp. in 2014.
- RBC Swooping in on UBS Advisors. Kearney, Helen // On Wall Street;Jul2009, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p21
The article focuses on the move of veteran UBS advisors to RBC Wealth Management despite of smaller transition packages. Gary Petrucci, a former financial advisor with Piper Jaffray/UBS, remarks on his decision to move to RBC claiming that one of his reasons was UBS's takeover of Piper Jaffray....
- NEW MEXICO: Arena Talk in Albuquerque. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/27/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32761, p9
The article reports on the possible establishment of a new and long-anticipated arena downtown near the convention center in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Garfield Traub Development has already cited an area where the home of two minor league sports teams of the state can be situated. In addition to...
- Analyze this. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;2/25/2013, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p36
The article discusses comments made by several investment analysts in the U.S. on taxes, consumer spending, and growth drivers in the restaurant industry. RBC Capital Markets LLC cited various reasons including weather, holiday shifts, and higher payroll taxes for slowing restaurant sales. Piper...
- The Firms: PIPER JAFFRAY. // 25 Top Financial Services Firms;2008, p73
The article features Minneapolis, Minnesota-based Piper Jaffray, deemed one of 25 top financial services firms in the U.S. in 2007. The firm, which started in 1913 as a commercial paper brokerage house, sold its private client business to UBS in 2006, leaving its private capital group as its...