- Fail-Safe Sought as Spike Strikes Bonds. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;9/20/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 30, p12
Discusses the development of compliance guidelines by the Bond Market Association for brokers in the U.S. as of September 20, 2004. Factors that led to the settlement failures; Problems that the guideline will address; Background on a rule created by the U.S. Treasury Department regarding the...
- Munis a Touch Weaker; Treasuries Show. SCARCHILLI, MICHAEL // Bond Buyer;4/7/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33295, p2
The article reports on the weaker municipal market in April 6, 2010 amidst light to moderate secondary trading in the U.S. A New York trader states that municipal market are a bit weaker again and are probably down by one or two basis points across the board. However, it mentions that the...
- Let's Twist Again: A High-Frequency Event-Study Analysis of Operation Twist and Its Implications for QE2. SWANSON, ERIC T. // Brookings Papers on Economic Activity;Spring2011, Issue 1, p151
This paper undertakes a modern event-study analysis of Operation Twist and uses its estimated effects to assess what should be expected for the recent policy of quantitative easing by the Federal Reserve, dubbed "QE2." The paper first shows that Operation Twist and QE2 are similar in magnitude....
- Muni Prices Up, Yields Down as Treasuries Rebound After Sell-Off. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;7/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32181, p2
Reports on the market performance of municipal bonds according to the U.S. Treasury Department. Ability of the market to rebound after a sharp sell-off; Rise of yields between five to seven basis points; Impact of China's decision to revalue its currency on the bond market.
- Treasury eyes auction award `guarantees'. // American Banker;4/14/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 71, p2
Reports on the Treasury Department's concern about reports of primary dealers offering certain guarantees to customers to auction purchases of Treasury securities. Percentage limit for auction awards to customers; Investigation into a Treasury bond scandal at Salomon Brothers Inc.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;4/18/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31368, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in Washington as of April 2002. Decision of the U.S. Department of Treasury to buy-back securities in fixed-principle issues; Increase of trade deficits; Acceleration of global oil prices.
- Puerto Rico's April Revenues Are 26% Below Projections. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;5/13/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34108, p1
The article reports that Puerto Rico has claimed that its revenues were 26 percent below government projections for April 2014, after shortage of 380 million dollars in corporate tax collections. It states that the collection gap, reported by the commonwealth's Treasury Department, is concern to...
- Federal Government Posts $20.5B Surplus in June. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;7/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32423, p2
The article reports on the posting of a 20.5 billion dollars in surplus by the federal government of the United States virtually matching analysts' expectations. Income tax collections increased according to Treasury Department figures released on July 13, 2006. The surplus followed a 42.8...
- Surplus hits $157 bil in April. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;5/13/2015, pA02
The article reports on the increase of surplus in the U.S. in April 2015 compared to the same month in 2014, according to the Treasury Department.