Louisiana Treasurer Calls for Bonds, Not Bankruptcy, for Ailing Issuers
- A New Approach to Managing the Debt Crisis. Sachs, Jeffrey D. // Columbia Journal of World Business;Fall86, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p41
The debt crisis, and the IMF-sponsored stabilization programs enacted in response to it, have resulted in an excessive degree of austerity for several of the debtor countries. The current creditor strategy, it is argued, is not sustainable over the long term unless the debtor countries are...
- Contributing factors. Chigbo, Okey // CA Magazine;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 144 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by John Lorinc on the factors that contributed to the growth of bankruptcy, one by Lorie Murdoch on accountants who have excelled in the profession, and one by Marcel Cï¿½tï¿½ on the burden of public debt.
- CREDIT INFORMATION. // Buffalo Law Journal;4/12/2007, Vol. 79 Issue 30, p20
Information on debt-related cases filed in New York from February 5 to April 4, 2007 is presented.
- CREDIT INFORMATION. // Buffalo Law Journal;3/19/2007, Vol. 79 Issue 23, p19
Information on debt-related cases filed in New York from January 25 to March 12, 2007 is presented.
- CREDIT INFORMATION. // Buffalo Law Journal;3/26/2007, Vol. 79 Issue 25, p19
Information on debt-related cases filed in New York from January 29 to March 19, 2007 is presented.
- THE ORDINARY COURSE OF BUSINESS DEFENSE IN BANKRUPTCY PREFERENCE ACTIONS: METHODS OF COMPARISON. Mulvihill, Joseph M. // Delaware Journal of Corporate Law;2013, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p637
One of the most uncertain and undefined sections of the Bankruptcy Code is Section 547(c)(2), dealing with the ordinary course of business defense. Section 547 of the Bankruptcy Code allows courts to review certain payments made by the debtor within ninety days prior to a debtor filing for...
- Collecting money due. Hadley, John // Management Services;Nov79, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p22
This article focuses on ways suggested by the author on recovering money from debtors. Author suggests that with a company, creditor will have normally to use a solicitor to take the appropriate action and it is worth warning that proceedings can be protracted although at the end of the day...
- The zero option. Niekirk, Paul; Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;May94, Vol. 113 Issue 1209, p107
This article presents a case in which Commercial Union insurance company was the sole petitioning creditor in a debtor's bankruptcy in Great Britain. Insolvency Act 1986 states that a court may dismiss a petition if it is satisfied that the debtor is able to pay all his debts or the debtor has...
- So You Want to Foreclose on Real Estate, then what? Levin, Elliott D. // Debt Cubed;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p28
The article focuses on the issue of bankruptcy and its impact to banking industries and developers in the U.S. It says that amidst the rising bankruptcy filings, there are developers who are unable to file bankruptcy because they don't have the funds and they don't consider it as a favorable...