Panel: Mello-Roos Offers Options for Urban Redevelopment
- CLINTON'S RECORD. Hood, John // National Review;10/19/92, Vol. 44 Issue 20, p35
The article assesses the performance of U.S. presidential candidate Bill Clinton as governor of Arkansas. It criticizes his record with regard to the issue of taxation which includes the passage of repetitive tax measures. It comments on the depiction of Clinton by the national press as one of...
- TAXING STATES. // Practical Accountant;May2000, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p6
Presents a graph reflecting a sample of the highest and lowest per-capita state taxes collected per $1,000 of income in the United States.
- Supporting regulatory reform. // OECD Economic Surveys: Italy;Jun2009, Vol. 2009 Issue 8, p63
Even prior to the recent financial turmoil, Italy was being left behind by economic growth in many other countries. Low productivity growth has a number of causes, some of which have their origin in poor or excessive regulation, public services and administration, and the legal system, which an...
- Atlantic City Council Sets Meeting to Discuss Bankruptcy. Coen, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/22/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F351, p1
Atlantic City officials will discuss the possibility of filing for bankruptcy protection at an emergency city council meeting.
- Funds would fill Pa. budget gaps. Berg, Joel // Central Penn Business Journal;2/6/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p7
The article reports on the significance of the $820 billion bill approved by the U.S. House of Representatives in May 2009 on the state budget of Pennsylvania. The legislation roughly estimates that more than $20 billion will go to the state through spending on health care, education and...
- Georgia Revenues Up 9% in December. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;1/08/2015, p32
The article discusses the improvements reported by Georgia Governor Nathan Deal in state revenues for the first six months of the fiscal year as of December 2014. The Pew Charitable Trust notes that most states are trying to return to pre-recession financial performance even as Georgia has...
- California Windfall Clouds K-12 Debate. CAVANAGH, SEAN // Education Week;5/25/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p15
The article discusses public finance in California which is improving as a result of improvements in the economy and revenue that has been generated through taxes. The proposed budget by California Governor Jerry Brown, who is a Democrat, is discussed in terms of its revenue projections. It has...
- Taxing, Spending, and Economic Growth in the American States. Dye, Thomas R. // Journal of Politics;Nov80, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p1085
Discusses the effects of state taxing and spending policies on rates of economic development in the United States (U.S.). Theories of economic growth and location; Economic growth rates in the U.S. states; Multivariate analysis of economic growth.
- Bush Poised to Sign Stopgap Funding Bill. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31729, p4
Reports on the poise of President Bush to sign stopgap funding bill approved by Congress in the U.S. Approval of a resolution that would continue funding for the federal government at fiscal 2003 levels for one month after expiration of funding laws; Indication of the resolution to lawmakers;...