Turnpike Subsidy Ending
- The Distorting Effects of Transportation Subsidies. Carson, Kevin // Freeman: Ideas on Liberty;Nov2010, p17
The article focuses on the straining impact of the transportation subsidies and government intervention in the U.S. marketplace. It implies that subsidies to transportation have made any other factor determine the present situation of the American corporate economy. It mentions the presently...
- CAP EXPENDITURES BY STATE AND PROGRAM. // Congressional Digest;Feb68, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p41
Considers the expenditure of the community action program, an anti-poverty program in the U.S. CAP expenditure by states; Expenditures by program categories.
- SENATE CLEARS HOMELAND, N.Y. AID. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/17/2001, Vol. 247 Issue 25, p13
Reports the approval of funds for security and anti-bioterrorism in New York City. Budget for the agencies responsible for the removal of debris and repairs in the World Trade Center; Allotments for engineers and nuclear weapons; Allocations for the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- Subsidies for Urban Mass Transportation. Smerk, George M. // Land Economics;Feb65, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p62
Explains that it is desirable to give consideration to the use of subsidies for the maintenance and expansion of public mass transport systems. Funds granted may be applied through government ownership of certain transport assets with operating deficits made up from the general tax fund or by...
- $16M available for transportation projects. // Toledo Business Journal;Mar2014, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p36
The article reports on the 16 million-dollar provided by the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) to fund local communities for transportation improvements throughout the state.
- Justifying winter ops spending. Wykoff, Pieter // Public Works;Apr2014, p5
The article reports on the $50 million budget allocated for winter operations by the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) wherein challenged is the efficiency of spending the budget.
- STATE SUBSIDIES IN AIR TRAFFIC YIELD RESULTS. // Macedonian Business Monthly;Oct2012, Issue 123, p6
The article reports that state subsidies given by Macedonia to commercial aeronautics have started yielding tangible results. According to statistical data, in the first eight months of 2012, the number of passengers on the two airports, Skopje and Ohrid, have registered a growth of 12 percent...
- A network of networks. Dittmar, Hank // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);11/17/2003, Vol. 4 Issue 46, p39
Suggests financial alternatives to fund transportation network in the U.S. Details of legislation on transportation authorizations; Reason government finances transportation; Sources of funding for the network.
- Yellow light. // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p10
The article reports that anxieties regarding the Innerbelt reconstruction plan in Cleveland should not be overlooked by the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT). It is predicted that this key transportation artery could do Cleveland more economic harm than good for decades to come. ODOT's...