Gopher Stadium Advances
- Minnesota Lawmakers Vote on Bonding Bill, Stadium. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/22/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32386, p4
The article reports that the Minnesota Legislature is expected to consider the financing plans for the 522 million dollar open-air stadium of the Major League baseball franchise and a 248 million dollar football stadium for the University of Minnesota Gophers. The legislative body is expected to...
- Gophers Choose Lehman. Carylin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/18/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32489, p35
The article reports on the selection of Lehman Brothers Inc. as the underwriter on the sale of $137.3 million of bonds to fund a new football stadium of the University of Minnesota. Three investment firms who submitted bids complained that they were not given proper consideration. The university...
- Stadium Revisited. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/30/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32100, p35
Reports on the proposal for funding a Colts football stadium by the state Senate in Indiana. Revision of the financing scheme that included tax on services in Marion County; Recommendation of hotel and motel taxes.
- Gov't approves HUF 9.6 bln for stadium construction. // Hungary A.M.;8/29/2013, p5
The article reports on the approval by the government of Hungary for the earmark worth 9.6 billion Hungarian forint for the construction of a football stadium in Szombathely.
- Grant interference. // New Hampshire Business Review;6/3/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p4
The article reports that a 200,000 U.S. dollars worth of grant from the National Football League's (NFL) Grassroots Field Grant Program has been given to Nashua, New Hampshire school officials to fund the replacement of the aging turf field at Stellos Stadium in summer of 2011.
- N.Y. Jets Out, PILOTS In? O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32152, p1
The article reports that an unusual approach to debt involving payments in lieu of taxes might become the public finance legacy of New York City's thwarted attempt to build a stadium in Manhattan for the Jets football team. The city's plan to construct the stadium on the far West Side suffered a...
- Minnesota Vikings eliminate frozen fields with hydronic heating system. // Engineered Systems;Feb2015, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p14
The article discusses the installation of a hydronic heating system at the TCF Bank Stadium, University of Minnesota in Minneapolis. Football team Minnesota Vikings reportedly relocated to the stadium which prompted installation of the heating system to prevent the field from being frozen. The...
- Virginia Governor Signs 2003ï¿½04 Budget With $400M Fran Cap Hike. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31390, p34
Reports the legislation of a billion budget bill in Virginia. Provision of funds for highway construction; Issuance of higher-education revenue bonds; Proposal for a regional transportation bond referendums.
- New Mexico House Passes Funds Bill. // Credit Union Times;2/17/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p22
The article reports on the adoption of a public funds bill by the New Mexico House that covers distribution of state monies for credit unions (CUs) and small banks in a plan that could possibly shift more than 5 billion dollars from big money center banks in New Mexico.