Budget Talks Drag On
- Tentative Budget Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32373, p35
The article reports on the tentative agreement for the fiscal 2007 state budget announced last April 2006 by Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack and legislative leaders. The budget will be apportioned for various plans of the state especially in the education sector but would not include any borrowing...
- Iowa Governor Reveals Frugal, $4.7 Billion Budget Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31308, p44
Reports on the governor of Iowa Tom Vilsack's budget plans for the fiscal year 2003. Estimated revenue growth in the budget plan; Reduction in the budget plan; Proposed bond issues by the state.
- Iowa Policy Changes Would Range From Pre-K Through High School. Klein, Alyson // Education Week;5/17/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p20
This article presents information on the measures taken during Iowa's 2006 legislative session to boost teacher salaries, start a pilot program that bases teacher pay on student achievement and others. Governor Tom Vilsack, a Democrat is expected to sign the measures, which include goals he had...
- Iowa restores some funding. // State Government News;Jan2002, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the legislative actions taken by the Iowa Legislature for the 2002 state budget in November 2001. Restoration of funds to priority programs affected by the budget cuts made by Governor Tom Vilsack in November 1, 2001; Delay in the reduction of a training program; Reason for the...
- Louisiana Deal Leads to $24.4B State Budget. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/17/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34327, p1
Louisiana lawmakers struck a deal with Gov. Bobby Jindal late Thursday that paved the way for a $24.4 billion state budget to be approved.
- N.Y. Lawmakers: Pataki Budget Has Too Little for Education. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/22/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31805, p3
Reports on the arguments in the proposed budget of Governor George Pataki in New York. Impact of the proposed budget on the spending of the state; Less funding for education; Sources of the budget.
- Vilsack outlines timetable for farm bill implementation. Wyant, Sara // High Plains Journal;3/10/2014, Vol. 132 Issue 10, p14B
The article offers information on the 2014 Commodity Classics conference wherein U.S. Department of Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack outlined the timetable of the implementation of the farm bill in the 2015 crop year.
- Vilsack talks farm bill implementation. Dreiling, Larry // High Plains Journal;3/10/2014, Vol. 132 Issue 10, p6B
The article offers information on the 2014 Commodity Classics conference held in San Antonio, Texas wherein Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack was greeted with a standing ovation before he discussed the implementation of the farm bill.
- Farm bill implementation begins. GRIEKSPOOR, P. J. // Kansas Farmer (0022-8583);May2014, Vol. 152 Issue 5, p9
The article presents the views of the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack during an annual spring meeting held in Washington, D.C. in April 2014 regarding the implementation of the farm bill Livestock Disaster Aid program in agriculture sector of the U.S.