Government, Business Officials Urge Virginia Lawmakers to OK Tax for Rail
- ESTIMATING SALES TAX REVENUE CHANGES IN RESPONSE TO CHANGES IN PERSONAL INCOME AND SALES TAX RATES. Friedlaender, Ann F.; Swanson, Gerald J.; Due, John F. // National Tax Journal;Mar73, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p103
This study is concerned with the effects of changes in sales tax rates, per capita personal income, and population upon sales tax revenues. The rate elasticity is found, on the average, to be 93; that is, a 100% increase in the sales tax rate will increase revenue by 93%. Differences in base,...
- Grapevine, Tex., Approves Half-Cent Sales Tax for Commuter Rail Line. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/10/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32506, p38
The article reports on the approval of the half-cent sales tax measure by the voters of Grapevine, Texas during the November 7, 2006 Election. The initiative is aimed at financing the first commuter rail line in the fast-growing region. The sales tax measure, which will increase tax rate to...
- Vendor's Job of Determining Which Ohio Sales Tax Rate to Charge on Inter-County Delivery Sales Gets More Difficult. Shambaugh, Phyllis J. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2004 Q3, p1
The article discusses the difficulties faced by vendors in Ohio in the determination of their correct sales tax. Changes made by H.B. 95 which brings Ohio's tax laws into conformity with the Streamlined Sales Tax Project has caused the difficulties faced by Ohio vendors. Under the law, the sales...
- A CAPITAL CHRISTMAS. Vanhooser, Cassandra M. // Southern Living;Dec2006, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p72
The article shares the author's insights regarding how Washington D.C. celebrates the Yuletide seasons as more lavish than the Fourth of July festivities. He adds that the holiday season starts on December 7 during the Pageant of Peace concert and the lighting of the 40-foot Colorado spruce...
- Sales tax will replace inefficient arbitrio general excise tax. // Caribbean Business;5/18/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 19, p27
The article reports on the proposal to replace to arbitrio system by sales tax in a way that will actually result in savings to consumers in Puerto Rico. The merchandise that will be exempted from the 6.6 excise tax is presented. The 6.6 percent excise tax will be eliminated by the imposition of...
- THE BIG ISSUE. // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/25/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p11
The article presents public opinion on Cuyahoga County increase of its sales tax from 7.5% to 7.75% for convention center payment and to attract medical mart in Ohio. A person responded to be sure on the return of money from the collection to pay the convention and the services the citizen will...
- Taxable sales rise in May. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);8/1/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 31, pP13
The article reports the increase in taxable sales in the state of Nevada which reached 3.36 billion dollars in May 2011 according to the state Department of Taxation.
- Sales tax highest ever. // State Legislatures;May97, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p10
Reports that the average combined sales tax rate hit a record high of 8.217 percent in 1996.
- Victory At Last As Texas City "Able" To Lower Taxes. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);9/5/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p10
The article reports that the tax rates can drop in Texas City because of increasing sales tax revenue.