Illinois Finance Authority OKs Bond Deals for Local Issuers
- Small Servicers Still Can Find a Profitable Niche in Government Loans. Cornwell, Ted // National Mortgage News;03/19/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p22
Reports that smaller loan servicers in the United States are matching up well with the nation's biggest lenders in terms of profitability by focusing on niches such as government-loan servicing. Existence of scale-related opportunities in the servicing business; Profitability of mid-sized...
- Top 30 Lenders--Government Loans. // Mortgage Banking;Oct2002, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p151
Presents a table of the top 30 lenders of U.S. government loans for the first half of 2002. Market share; Average amount.
- State loaned $293 million to small businesses, farms. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;1/20/2011, Vol. 74 Issue 25, p15
The article reports that the state government in Missouri has loaned 293 million U.S. dollars to help small business and farmers in the state.
- Local authorities to start new financial year with no borrowing limits. Mchugh, Joseph // Public Finance;2/27/2004, p10
Reports that the government will not exercise reserve powers to limit how much local authorities can borrow when the Prudential Code comes into forces on April 1, 2004. Features and functions of the code; Significance of the code to local authorities; Plan of the authorities to use the...
- Bridging the Gap? Government Subsidized Lending and Access to Capital. Cortés, Kristle Romero; Lerner, Josh // Review of Corporate Finance Studies;Mar2013, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p98
The consequences of providing public funds to financial institutions remain controversial. We examine the Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) Fundâ€™s impact on credit union activity, using hitherto little studied U.S. Treasury data. The CDFI Fund grants increase lending at...
- Notices: DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;6/4/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 107, p33472
The article presents a Notice of Fund Availability (NOFA) issued by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). It announces the availability of funds for applications for assistance under the Rural Veterans Coordination Pilot (RVCP). According to the VA, the NOFA includes funding priorities...
- Feds to Up Debt Purchases. Ackerman, Andrew; Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;11/26/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33012, p1
The article reports on the $800 billion of new lending and debt purchasing programs announced by the U.S. Department of the Treasury and Federal Reserve Board. The programs would purchase up to $600 billion of debt sold by government-sponsored entities Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac as well as...
- More Cutbacks in SBA Loan Program Planned. // SCOR Report;Aug2002, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p1
Discusses the approval by the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee of a budget that would cut the loans provided by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
- US Dept of Agriculture has over $9 million in area loans available. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;04/13/98, Vol. 8 Issue 25, p28
Announces the availability of loans and grants from the US Department of Agriculture for the purchase and repair of single family homes in New York State's rural areas.