Sweet Spots on the Curve
- Wanted: Fresh High-Yield Paper, P.R., Detroit Need Not Apply. Albano, Christine // Bondbuyer.com;9/19/2014, p23
The article reports that according to the municipal bond market research firm Lipper FMI, investment inflows into high-yield municipal bond mutual funds have grown significantly in September 2014 since these securities offer higher rates of return for retail investors than most other...
- A new way to find bargains. Topkis, Maggie // Fortune;12/9/1996, Vol. 134 Issue 11, p265
Focuses on the term called economic value added (EVA). How EVA has come to be used as shorthand for any system of corporate management that defines profitability in terms of return on capital and aims specifically at boosting the return above the cost of that capital; Determining a company's...
- Inflows to concentrated funds rising steadily. Kovaleski, Dave // Pensions & Investments;6/12/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p62
Reports on the performance of mutual funds despite the decline in the Nasdaq composite and Dow Jones industrial average. Average year-to-date return of funds with 40 or fewer holdings; Increase of inflows into concentrated funds; New accounts landed by TCW's Concentrated Core Equity Portfolio;...
- Take the financial risk out of old age. HELY, SUSAN // Money (Australia Edition);Dec2014, Issue 174, p15
The article provides information on the Mercer Lifetime Plus pooled mortality investment fund and mentions topics such as features of the fund, investment options provided, and benefits offered including quarterly investment returns, capital return, and a living bonus.
- Private Equity Funds: What Counts and What Doesn't? // Journal of Corporation Law;Winter2001, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p393
Illuminates the impact of four commonly negotiated provisions on internal rate of returns (IRR) in professionally managed venture and buyout funds. Calculation of IRR; Determination of gains and losses; Allocation of losses.
- 2005 public funds returns (through June). // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Aug2005, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p60
Presents information on public funds returns in the U.S. through June 2005.
- Same Old Song, Make it Your Tune. CONRAD, LEE // Bank Investment Consultant;Jun2015, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p4
In this article, the author offers suggestions to follow original portfolio plan rather than selling at downturn and mentions various reports regarding equity mutual fund investor return.
- ITALIAN FUNDS EXPAND IN FACE OF EURO CRISIS. // EuroProperty;12/17/2012, p11
The article offers information on the research conducted by research institute Scenari Immobiliari, which predicted 6 percent growth in the Italian property funds.
- High-Yield Bond Funds Up 23% in First Half. // Money Management Executive;7/13/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p3
The article reports on the increase of high-yield bond funds by 23 percent during the first half of 2009 in the U.S. The increase, accordingly, is due to yields which were at 18-year highs for the past nine months starting October 2008. Fidelity High Income Fund manager Fred Hoff adds that the...