County Sues Mercer
- Asset Management Fees Down. Ehrenfeld, Temma // American Banker;12/15/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 192, p6
The article discusses results of a survey by Mercer LLC that found a decline in asset-management fees earned by money managers.
- Mercer Investments Adds Consulting Staff. Manganaro, John // Plan Advisor News;2014, p118
The article reports on the addition of four executives to the employee benefits and financial services consulting firm Mercer's senior defined benefit (DB) and defined contribution (DC) consulting teams.
- Court OKs Merrill, Capmark Settlement. // American Banker;9/17/2010, Vol. 175 Issue F336, p15
The article discusses a bankruptcy court case in which a U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Delaware has agreed to settlement terms between U.S. wealth management firms Capmark Financial Group Inc. and Merrill Lynch's derivatives unit.
- Mercer to Acquire Pension Wind-Up Firm. McGuinness, Kevin // Plan Sponsor News;2013, p140
The article reports on the signing by consulting firm Mercer of a definitive agreement to acquire the pension wind-up business of multinational professional services firm PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) in Canada.
- Mercer Names Global Head of Investment Research. Moore, Rebecca // Plan Sponsor News;2013, p147
The article announces that Deb Clarke was appointed global head of Investment Research at Mercer, a global human resource and financial services consulting firm.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/05/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31692, p29
Presents news items related to developments in the U.S. financial services industry as of August 5, 2003. General tax amnesty offered by Arizona administration; Lawsuit filed by Pulaski County Special School District to stop an election.
- CALIFORNIA. // Broker Magazine;Apr/May2005, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p22
The article reports that the California Supreme Court held that California's anti-predatory lending law pre-empts Oakland's predatory lending ordinance. The ruling is good news for California, according to the American Financial Services Association, which brought the case against the city of...
- Looking for TROUBLE. Cavanaugh, Bonnie Brewer // Best's Review;Mar2009, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p49
The article reports that litigation will increase in 2009 for financial services industry in the U.S. The litigation will rise since investors look to reimburse their securities-fraud losses through tapping into the directors and officers (D&O) and omissions of coverages of the firms. It is said...
- UPDATES. // Business Insurance;04/30/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p1
Reports developments related to the insurance services industry of the United States as of April 2001. Settlement of a lawsuit between Chase Bank of Texas N.A. and Alpine Insurance Co., Ltd.; Context of the suit filed by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission against Northwest Airlines...
- Firms 'looted' Anderson: Suit. Prince, Michael // Business Insurance;11/18/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 46, p39
Reports that a lawsuit filed in November, 2002 against four accounting and consulting firms for looting an accounting firm Arthur Andersen LLP of its partners and clients. Termination of benefit plans for retired partners by the firm; Names of the four organizations involved in the suit;...