Trio of Stadium Plans
- St. Paul to Push New Ballpark for Twins, Again. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/06/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31071, p36
Reports on Saint Paul, Minnesota officials' plan to lure the Minnesota Twins away from Minneapolis with the promise of a new ballpark. Rejection of a previous stadium proposal by voters; Estimated construction cost of the new ballpark.
- MINNESOTA: Twins' Land Deal Set. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/17/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32735, p9
The article reports on the multi-million dollar agreement between Hennepin County and the Minnesota Twins baseball team in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The deal involves the use of an eight-acre site that will house the baseball team's new bond-financed stadium. The county plans to issue sales tax...
- St. Paul mayor offers new stadium plan to lure Twins. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/28/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30651, p3
Reports on Saint Paul, Minnesota, Mayor Norm Coleman's financing proposal for a stadium planned for the Minnesota Twins baseball team. Model funding formula used in the financial arrangement; Minnesota Twins' response to the plan; Coleman's other efforts to lure the team.
- MINNESOTA: Stadium Deal Cleared. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/2/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32620, p9
The article reports that the Hennepin County board in Minnesota has approved a 30-year lease with the Major League Baseball team Minnesota Twins and a $350 million bond issue to finance the team's new $522 million ballpark. The baseball team has unveiled a final design for the new 40,000-seat,...
- Minnesota. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;10/08/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30247, p32
Reports on the increasing pressure on the state of Minnesota to build a new ballpark for Major League Baseball's Minnesota Twins. Twins' signing of an agreement to sell the team out of state if it does not get a new facility; Major League Baseball's call on Governor Arne Carlson and legislative...
- Real grass and some fun in the sun? Debate over proposed Twins Stadium. Charland, Bill // Christian Science Monitor;7/29/97, Vol. 89 Issue 170, p14
Reports on the debate in Minneapolis, Minnesota over the building of an outdoor stadium for the Minnesota Twins baseball team. Estimated cost of the new stadium; The question of whether the state will pay a portion of the cost in return for a portion of the revenue brought in; Outlook for the...
- Twins' stadium plan: Rough road ahead. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/10/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30328, p3
Focuses on the financing package for a stadium in Minnesota planned as a base for the Minnesota Twins baseball team. Test run for the financing package; Alternative revenue sources proposed to replace a planned player tax.
- Power to the people. Nawrocki, Tom; McCallum, Jack // Sports Illustrated;2/3/97, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p22
Discusses the Pohlad family's demand for state funds to build a rent-free, retractable-roof baseball-only stadium for the Minnesota Twins. The offering of a large part of the team to the state; The financial problems the team has encountered; Details on the lease the Twins signed for the Hubert...
- As Minnesota's stadium plans fade, North Carolina steps up to the plate. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;11/17/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30274, p3
Reports that the special session held by Minnesota's House on November 13, 1997 has shot down by 47 to 84 another revised plan for financing a Minnesota Twins stadium. Outlook for the stadium proposal in Minnesota; Terms of the revised proposal to finance the stadium; Arguments against the...