Chicago's Cemetery Offer
- Ruling Allows Chicago to Move Ahead With Acquiring Cemetery for O'Hare. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/14/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32713, p4
The article reports on the decision from a three-member panel of the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals of the acquisition of the suburb Saint Johannes Cemetery to make room for the runway configuration and expansion project of O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. The panel upheld...
- O'Hare Expansion Makes Headway. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/23/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33238, p1
The article focuses on the expansion of Chicago O'Hare International Airport, which won a major court victory in 2009 that paves the way for its acquisition and relocation of Saint Johannes Cemetery in Bensenville, Illinois. It says that the victory marks the end of a year during which Chicago...
- O'Hare Expansion Faces Delay If Chicago Loses Cemetery Case. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32376, p7
This article explains that the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) could prevent the expansion of Chicago, Illinois-based O'Hare International Airport if the city of Chicago loses in an action filed by Illinois towns Bensenville and Elk Grove, and the Saint John's United Church of Christ....
- ILLINOIS: Supremes Nix O'Hare Appeal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/14/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32878, p9
The article reports that an appeal filed by a group of suburban opponents to the expansion plans of the O'Hare International Airport in Chicago would not be considered by the U.S. Supreme Court. Previously, the U.S. Seventh Circuit of Appeals had allowed the acquisition of St. Johannes Cemetery...
- O'Hare Expansion Foes Blast DuPage Move. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/16/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31554, p29
Reports on the criticism of Illinois' DuPage County's decision to not to oppose the runway expansion plan at O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Possible reasons for the change in position.
- Revised Plan for O'Hare. Sanchez, Humberto; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31350, p1
Reports the revised expansion bill of the O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Opposition of Senator Peter G. Fitzgerald on the involvement of Congress in the issue; Focus on environmental issues; Role of the Federal Aviation Administration in the project.
- NTSB mounts special probe of controller... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/13/88, Vol. 128 Issue 24, p149
The National Transportation Safety Board has begun a special investigation of the air traffic control facility at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport, following 20 operational errors in just over 5 months. The O'Hare error rate is already 66 percent higher than it was in all of 1987, and...
- Going global: City's vision for O'Hare on right course. // Crain's Chicago Business;01/05/98, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p10
Focuses on O'Hare International Airport, Chicago Illinois. Reference to the airport being rated behind airports like the one in New York, Los Angeles, California; Plans of Aviation Commissioner Mary Rose Loney, to commence a piloting plan to increase O'Hare's international presence.
- O'Hare back in limbo. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;12/3/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p3
Reports the collapse of the deal in expanding O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Approval of the south runaway at O'Hare; Expansion pact in pending federal legislation; Operating deficits of Meigs.