Tulsa County Endorses $65 Million in Sales Tax Bonds
- Making crime pay. Gosling, Paul // Public Finance;2/28/2003, p26
Focuses on the formation of the Assets Recovery Agency in Great Britain. Reduction of gangsterism and drugs trade; Solution of the organized crime; Asset recovery strategy of the government.
- Cook County, Ill., Board Faces Deadline to Pass $3B Budget. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31823, p32
Reports that Cook County, Illinois Board of Commissioners will be under pressure to work out their differences to reconsider a proposed fiscal 2004 budget. Plans of Cook to issue new-money bonds; Issuance of the bonds to pay for projects that the board has already approved; Proposal of Board...
- Kansas Lawmakers Approve Prison Money Despite Earlier Decisions. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/28/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30880, p4
Reports on Kansas' budget for prison improvements. Bond-funded juvenile corrections facility; Funding for a maximum-security diagnostic and evaluation facility.
- County may be missing out on grants. // East Bernard Express (TX);9/ 1/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 35, p1
The article reports that Wharton County, Texas might be missing out on various criminal justice grants critical for finances of schools, police departments, and local governments wherein County Judge Phillip Spenrath urged the public to participate at the Criminal Justice Community Planning Meeting.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;9/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31978, p31
Reports developments related to public finance in the U.S. as of September 28, 2004. Petition asking city officials to explain on how borrowed money was spent on water and sewer improvements by residents of El Mirage, Arizona; Announcement of Kansas state officials to allow the city of Olathe to...
- Alabama House Balks at Sales Tax Referendum. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/2/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32123, p37
Reports on the refusal of Alabama lawmakers to pass a legislation that could undermine the security of bonds issued by Jefferson County. Proponent of the bill; Provision of the sales tax law allowing schools to use the proceeds for a cumber of purposes; Approach of commissioners in using the bonds.
- FAR WEST BOND-WATCH. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/20/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31825, p39
Reports on developments in the bond market in the U.S., as of February 2004. General obligation bond issues presented by the Anchorage school district to voters in Alaska; Proposal to settle the fiscal problem in California; Proposed budget plan of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in California;...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31934, p31
Reports on updates relating to the bond market in the Southwest region of the U.S. as of July 2004. Native American Lands Group's filing of a claim to some of the land near Denver International Airport; Guthrie City Council's approval of a resolution opposing a sales tax referendum, calling the...
- Voters OK Tax Hike to Build New Jail for Izard County, Ark. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/13/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31180, p3
Reports that county voters in Izard County, Arkansas approved a temporary sales tax to back bonds that will finance construction of a jail. Bond authorization; Jail and prison bond sales from 1991 to 2000.