Report: N.Y. Has Borrowed Its Way Into the 'Danger Zone'
- Insolvency figures 'not overly positive' // Credit Management;Jan2003, p11
Reports that businesses in England and Wales are finding it harder to manage their debts. Risk from raising consumer debt and individual bankruptcies.
- CSA Launches the Debt Sellers' and Buyers' Forum. Maynard, Ken // Credit Management;Dec2003, p42
Examines the 'Debt Sellers and Buyers Forum' established within the umbrella of the Credit Services Association in Great Britain. Debt sales and purchase as a part of the recovery process for defaulted accounts; Objectives of the body; Contact information.
- Resolve your debt in the new year. Tayne, Leslie H. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/23/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p4
The article offers tips on how to resolve debt situation which include taking control, getting a good look at the real picture of finances, and asking help from debt-resolution law firm.
- Cook County Board Clears Plan to Issue $332M. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/29/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33288, p27
The article reports that Cook County Board will hold a vote to approve the issuance of 332 million dollars worth of new-money debt after key board committee signed off on the borrowing in Cook County, Illinois.
- Four signs your credit card debt is out of control. // Central Penn Business Journal;10/29/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 46, p17
The article offers information on several signs that credit card debt and spending are out of control and provides advice on what to do if they are.
- Credit Card Debt for Dummies. S. O. // O, The Oprah Magazine;Nov2012, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p60
The article offers tips on how to effectively keep track of credit card debt.
- Four Steps for Paying Down Your Debt Once and for All. // Tennessee Tribune;6/9/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p14A
The article offers tips from the Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) to cut back debt by adding all outstanding consumer debt, stop using credit cards, and paying first those debts with the highest interest rates.
- Balancing act. Bidwell, Rebecca // Baby Talk;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p86
Provides tips on debt management. Importance of assessing spending habits; Benefits of reducing credit cards; Contact numbers of companies that offer debt management services in the U.S.
- Credit Management. Hattaway, Peter // Chartered Accountants Journal;Dec1998, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p74
Compares the credit management in Australia to that in New Zealand. Difference between Australia and New Zealand on their voluntary administrator regime; Reason for the appointment of voluntary administrator; Responsibilities of an administrator.