Legacy Barrier Lifted
- Paving a Legacy. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/15/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32259, p35
Reports on the approval of a plan by the Utah Legislature that will allow the resumption of construction on the Legacy Parkway, a project that has been stalled by litigation. Cause of issuance of moratorium on further construction by the U.S. Court of Appeals.
- Packing more road into parkway. Cho, Aileen // ENR: Engineering News-Record;05/12/97, Vol. 238 Issue 19, p30
Describes construction work at the Northern State Parkway project in Long Island, New York. Cost of project; Winning bidder; Adapting design of project to satisfy need to preserve the parkway's character; Public relations effort mounted by the New York Department of Transportation.
- Work On I-196 Starts Next Month. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/4/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 5, pB2
No abstract available.
- Prop. 15 addresses Texas roads. Letsche, Amber Lee // Fort Worth Business Press;11/2/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p5
Reports on Proposition 15, which will establish the Texas Mobility fund that will allow more roads to be built faster in Texas in 2001. Key stipulations of the proposition; Employment opportunities to be created by the proposition.
- Walled Lake prepares for Maple Road extension. Hogue, Leslie // Crain's Detroit Business;05/17/99, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p34
Reports on the preparations of Walled Lake City in Oakland County, Michigan for the extension of Maple Road after receiving a $4.4 million Federal Demonstration grant for the project.
- State Works To Improve Shoreline County Driving. Rent, Katy // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/06/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p37
Reports on the plans of the Michigan Department of Transportation to continue construction on the Lake Michigan Drive with the addition of a passing flare at 96th Avenue. Improvement of artery linking Grand Rapids and Allendale and the Allendale campus of Grand Valley State University;...
- DDA moves two projects from its waiting list. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/26/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p5
The article reports that the reconstruction of downtown Lyon Square and the reconstruction of Oakes Street from Market to Ottawa avenues, two projects of the Downtown Development Authority (DDA) that have been in the waiting list, are about to begin.
- UAE. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/27/1996, Vol. 40 Issue 39, p24
Reports on contractors' preparation of bids for a series of infrastructure projects in Abu Dhabi. Retenders include the Al-hayer-Sweihan dual carriageway; Internal roads in Al-Wagen; Municipality tenders include contract on the town roads improvement program.
- Mill Plain paves the way. // Oregon Business Magazine;Sep96, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p64
Focuses on plans to construct the 1.3-mile extension of Mill Plain road linking downtown Vancouver to the Port of Vancouver in Washington State. Schedule of groundbreaking for the project; Cost of construction.