Pine Bluff Bonds OK'd
- Partners for a better Pine Bluff, Arkansas: A community economic development program. Pierce, Derrill L. // Economic Development Review;Fall92, Vol. 10 Issue 4, Fall 1992 p23
Reports on Partners for a Better Pine Bluff, an economic development program in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. Background of the city; Identification by the Industrial Foundation of areas in which competitiveness could be enhanced through community improvement; Goals of the program; Funding for process...
- Tellers Laugh Off Goofy Bank Robber. Goode, Stephen // Insight on the News;5/13/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p8
Presents an anecdote on a bank robbery Pine Bluff, Arkansas. Response of the bank teller to the robber; Details of the arrest of the robber.
- OKLAHOMA: Decision Time in Logan ISD. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/6/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32580, p9
The article reports on the vote on a 16.9 million dollar bond issue in Logan County, Oklahoma that would upgrade and expand the junior high school in Guthrie, Oklahoma. The bond proceeds would be used to remodel the building the opened in 1929 as a high school. 20 new classroom would also be...
- Crime spikes northward in Southern cities. Parker, Suzi // Christian Science Monitor;11/9/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 243, p2
Reports on the rise in crime in small Southern cities in the United States, including Pine Bluff, Arkansas.
- Leaders Back Tax Plan. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/13/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33348, p9
The article reports on the collaboration between Pine Bluff City Council and Jefferson County officials to support the increase of 1% sales tax plan in Arkansas.
- Evergreen Board Mill Plans $53M Expansion. // Official Board Markets;5/29/2010, Vol. 86 Issue 22, p13
The article reports on the 53-million dollar investment plan of Evergreen Packaging Inc. to expand its board mill in Pine Bluff, Arkansas.
- Icemaking plant destroyed by fire. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/27/94, Vol. 192 Issue 9, p8
Reports on the destruction by fire of a Big R icemaking plant in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. Date of occurrence; Capacity of the plant; Number of employees; Refrigerant used; Undetermined cause of the fire.
- Examining the causal factors. Aarons, Richard N. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Nov95, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p102
Focuses on lessons learned from an accident involving the Continental Express EMB-120RT airplane on April 29, 1993 in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. Landing at Grider Field after the airplane shed three propeller blades on the left side; Captain's failure to maintain professional cockpit discipline;...
- San Francisco Schools Heading to Voters for $450M in Nov. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;8/1/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32435, p6
The article reports that the San Francisco Unified School District in California is urging voters to approve $450 million in bonding authority at the November 2006 election. The appeal is largely motivated by a federal district court ruling mandating compliance with the Americans with...