Texas Issuers Head Up Post-Presidents Day Slate
- Sect Schools May Get Aid. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p33
The article reports that Arizona legislators are moving to provide a $1.3 million loan to the financially troubled Colorado City Unified School District. A House Committee has unanimously endorsed a bailout bill after a state-appointed receiver assured members that the district is under new...
- Municipal Funds Brought in $264 Million in March. Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;5/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31877, p6
Reports on the net flow of municipal bond mutual funds in March 2004 in the U.S. Value of the net flow; Comparison of the first quarter results in 2004 with results from the same period in 2003; Gain posted by equity funds; Increase in municipal bond redemptions after a decline in February.
- Something for Everyone? Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p1
Reports on California's issuance of revenue anticipation notes slated to price on September 29, 2004 after a two-day retail order period. California's efforts to find as broad a market as possible for the sizable sale; Total amount of revenue anticipation notes to be issued by California; Los...
- Liberty Zone Extension Near Passage. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p1
Reports on the U.S. House's near approval of a tax legislation that would extend the New York Liberty zone private-activity bond program for five years and restore the qualified zone academy bond program through the end of 2005. Extension of the separate authority for tax-exempt bonds issued in...
- Louisiana Bond Commission Approves $500M State GO Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p3
Reports on the Louisiana State Bond Commission's approval of a general obligation bond deal the state might sell competitively on October 21, 2004. Upgrading of the state's debt by the rating agencies Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investors Service; Government Finance...
- Senate Passes D.C. Fiscal 2005 Spending Bill. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p4
Reports on the Senate's approval of the District of Columbia's spending bill for fiscal 2005. Approval of the city's plan to sell general obligation bonds; Proposed payment to the District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority.
- FAR WEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p30
Lists selected municipal bonds issued in Alaska, California, Hawaii and Washington as of September 24, 2004. Issuer and purpose; Amount; Approval status; Underwriter choice; Expected sale date.
- Pumping Up the Volume Pushes Some Issuers into the Top 20. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32070, p11A
Reports that many issuers in the municipal bond market increased the volume of paper that they sold in 2004 in the United States. List of top issuers category in 2004; Capital project financing; Refunding and restructuring trends.
- Letting States Do the Dirty Work: State Responsibility for Federal Environmental Regulation. Erickson, Merle; Goolsbee, Austan; Maydew, Edward // National Tax Journal;Mar2003 Part 1, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p107
This paper examines tax arbitrage in the market for municipal bonds. It poses a puzzle for the literature, however, in that we find little evidence of municipal bond tax arbitrage by non- financial corporations. Even among those finns engaged in arbitrage, many finns do less than a safe-harbor...