Texas Issuers Head Up Post-Presidents Day Slate
- Sect Schools May Get Aid. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p33
The article reports that Arizona legislators are moving to provide a $1.3 million loan to the financially troubled Colorado City Unified School District. A House Committee has unanimously endorsed a bailout bill after a state-appointed receiver assured members that the district is under new...
- DASNY Board OKs Sale of $177M In Bonds in Three Negotiated Deals. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;7/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32432, p3
The article reports on the Dormitory Authority for the State of New York board's approval of bonds that the authority will sell in three separate negotiated deals. The authority plans to issue the bonds for Kaleida Health, Long Island University, and the Culinary Institute of America. Bear,...
- Municipal Funds Brought in $264 Million in March. Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;5/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31877, p6
Reports on the net flow of municipal bond mutual funds in March 2004 in the U.S. Value of the net flow; Comparison of the first quarter results in 2004 with results from the same period in 2003; Gain posted by equity funds; Increase in municipal bond redemptions after a decline in February.
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p1
Reports that the municipal bond market finished higher on July 8, 2004, led by aggressive new issue pricing, continuous investment demand and earlier gains in Treasuries.
- Something for Everyone? Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p1
Reports on California's issuance of revenue anticipation notes slated to price on September 29, 2004 after a two-day retail order period. California's efforts to find as broad a market as possible for the sizable sale; Total amount of revenue anticipation notes to be issued by California; Los...
- Liberty Zone Extension Near Passage. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p1
Reports on the U.S. House's near approval of a tax legislation that would extend the New York Liberty zone private-activity bond program for five years and restore the qualified zone academy bond program through the end of 2005. Extension of the separate authority for tax-exempt bonds issued in...
- Market Finishes Little Changed As Bid Side Fades and Treasuries Falter. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p2
Reports on developments concerning municipal bonds in the U.S. as of September 23, 2004. Release of the minutes from the August Federal Open Market Committee meeting that stated the need for the continuation of a tightening monetary policy; Trends in the Treasury market; Sale of a triple-A rated...
- Louisiana Bond Commission Approves $500M State GO Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p3
Reports on the Louisiana State Bond Commission's approval of a general obligation bond deal the state might sell competitively on October 21, 2004. Upgrading of the state's debt by the rating agencies Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investors Service; Government Finance...
- Senate Passes D.C. Fiscal 2005 Spending Bill. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p4
Reports on the Senate's approval of the District of Columbia's spending bill for fiscal 2005. Approval of the city's plan to sell general obligation bonds; Proposed payment to the District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority.