N.Y.C. Council Speaker Shakes Up Staff
- Barron to Speaker Quinn: 'You can take my chair, but not my voice'. Barron, Charles // New York Amsterdam News;1/28/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 5, p12
In this article the author reflects on the unjustifiable decision of New York City Council Speaker Christine Quinn to remove him as the chair of the Higher Education Committee. He critically remarks that the action of Speaker Quinn to remove him from his post is unacceptable. He claims that he...
- Economic Development Officers. // Estates Gazette;7/2/2005, Issue 526, Special Section p61
Provides a contact information on the Rhondda Cynon Taff County Borough Council in Abercynon, Wales.
- Birmingham City Council in law panel revamp. Begum, Husnara // Lawyer;7/26/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p2
Reports that the Birmingham City Council, which is in the final throes of reviewing its legal panel, is renewing in 2004 the property, public law and social services panel that was launched in January 2002.
- DUBLIN CITY COUNCIL. Planning Permission is [...]. // Daily Mail;11/16/2013, p65
DUBLIN CITY COUNCIL. Planning Permission is being sought for the demolition of single storey to rear (7sq.M), the construction of a two storey extension to rear (74sq.M), and a single storey extension (7sq.M) to front at 40 Dunsink Road, Finglas, Dublin 11, for Ian & Tracey Daly. The planning...
- DUBLIN CITY COUNCIL. Planning permission sought [...]. // Daily Mail;11/16/2013, p65
DUBLIN CITY COUNCIL. Planning permission sought for single storey & two storey extension to rear of 79 Kilworth Road, Drimnagh, Dublin 12 for Jonathan & Sharon Coleman. This planning application may be inspected or purchased at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy, at the...
- IDLE CHATTER SOUNDS FAMILIAR. // Overdrive;Jun2005, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p19
Looks into issuing a ban on the idling of unattended vehicles by the City Council of Lawrence, Indiana.
- THE DEVOLVED NATIONS: IN BRIEF. // Planning (14672073);4/21/2011, Issue 1907, p14
The article offers news briefs in Great Britain including the appointment of accountants by Edinburgh City Council to investigate accusations regarding the awarding of property conservation contracts.
- City approves land buy for proposed hotel. Rodriguez, Adrias // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;4/22/2005, Issue 323390, p1
The article reports that the Fresno, California City Council has approved the purchase of land in downtown Fresno for a proposed 300-to 400-room hotel. The city agreed to purchase the land at 800 and 808 M Street, which is owned by Ophelia Family LP, for $3.12 million. But because there were not...
- Making room to grow. McEwan, Gavin // Horticulture Week;3/27/2009, p18
The article demonstrates the demand for allocation in St. James's Park in London, England. It notes that 94% of city councils in England, North Ireland and Wales able to budget its allotments, however, two-thirds of councils plan to increase the number of its available allotments. It states that...