Geri Palast Tapped to Head campaign Urging Hike in N.Y.C. School Funding
- European HY Association Forms. // High Yield Report;01/22/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p2
Reports the launching of the European High Yield Association in January 2001. Responsibility of chairman Stephen Mostyn-Williams; Aims of the association; Enumeration of founding board members of the association.
- How Association Boards Add Value. Hughes, Sandra // Association Management;Jan2000, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p52
Discusses how association boards can reshape themselves to remain competitive. Ways association boards can add value to their organizations; Role of board self-assessment in board improvements; Board structure; Advice in restructuring.
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Chief Elected Officer. Cox, Ann; Williamson, Geraldine // Association Management;Jan2000, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p105
Focuses on chief elected officers or board leaders of nonprofit organizations. Role of chief elected officers in the board; Specific responsibilities of chief elected officers; Resources and tools that may help chief elected officers.
- Does Your Board Measure Up? Hacker, Steven // Association Management;Jan2003, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p82
Presents strategies in conducting self-assessment among boards of directors. Evaluation process of the board of directors; Concept of self-assessment; Identification of the management tools of associations.
- Membership Development Needs You. Wardle, J. Bruce // Association Management;Jan2003, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p94
Focuses on the issues related to membership development in an associations. Availability of marketing and membership materials; Derivation of funds for membership recruitment and retention; Emphasis on recruitment of board members.
- Mission Valley Chamber Selects Board. // San Diego Business Journal;01/18/99, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p20
Reports on the Mission Valley Chamber of Commerce's election of an 18-member board of directors headed by chairman Jack Giacomini in San Diego, California.
- What Is an Executive Director? Harvey, Glenn F. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Jun2003, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p39
Comments on the roles and responsibilities of executive directors of organizations. Servant-leader; Enthusiasm for the position; Strong desire to help the organization.
- 2003 GIE BOARD SEATED. // Grounds Maintenance;Feb2003, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p10
Reports that the Green Industry Expo Board has announced its 2003 slate of officers and directors. List of officers and directors.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE. // American Fuchsia Society Bulletin;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p3
The article calls for applications for board vacancies in the American Fuchsia Society in 2006.