Borrowing May Return to D.C.'S School Modernization Plan
- Michigan Passes Slate of Laws Affecting Local Bond Issuance. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;12/29/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33441, p8
The article reports on the debt-related laws that affect the bond issuance for local government in Michigan. It states that the law passed by legislators and signed by Governor Jennifer Granholm will allow local governments, facing high dept, to refinance at a net present-value loss. An overview...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, April 6. // Bond Buyer;4/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31858, p2
Presents a public finance snapshot in the United States as of April 6, 2004. Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; Bond buyer's 30-day visible supply.
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p6
Presents graphs depicting swap rates of municipal bonds in the U.S. as of November 9, 2004.
- Detroit's Fiscal Health Depends on Speedy Trial: Attorneys. Devitt, Caitlin // Bondbuyer.com;9/20/2013, p22
The article discusses Detroit, Michigan lawyers' arguments about the city's need tor quick resolution of its Chapter 9 case since its fiscal recovery and its ability to secure financing depend on a prompt decision on whether the city will officially be granted bankruptcy protection. Topics...
- Oakland Puts Off Bonding. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;6/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32399, p35
The article reports that Oakland may not market another bond issue under a 2002 voter-approved authorization called Measure DD until 2007, if it will sell less than $100 million of the debt. Measure DD approved the sale of $198 million in debt for water and parks projects throughout the city....
- Light New-Issue Calendar Leads Munis to Finish Little Changed. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/27/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32120, p2
The article reports that after a mid-morning weakening due to a reversal in Treasuries, the municipal bond market managed to finish little change on April 26, 2005, supported by crossover buying and a relatively light new-issue calendar led by a $238 million tourist development tax revenue...
- Southwest Invisible Supply. // Bond Buyer;5/3/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32124, p30
The article presents a chart depicting information related to forthcoming bonds in the Southwestern region of the U.S.
- Munis Little Changed; Bid Side Eases On Long End Ahead of Greenspan Talk. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;6/9/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32150, p2
The article reports that insulated by relative value, the municipal bond market did not give up much ground yesterday, but the bid side eased on the long end in sympathy with Treasuries as participants turned defensive ahead of today's congressional testimony by Federal Reserve Board chairman...
- Municipal Yields Rise at a Faster Rate Than Treasuries. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31932, p6
Reports on the fast rise in municipal yields at a faster rate than treasury yields. Price return of Lehman's 10-year municipal bond index; Factors contributing to the quick erosion of relative value in municipal bonds.