E-Commerce Up 23% To $22.9 Billion in 4Q
- ANTECEDENTS TO SHOPPING ONLINE: A SHOPPING PREFERENCE PERSPECTIVE. Rajamma, Rajasree K.; Neeley, Concha Ramsey // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;2003, Vol. 14, p26
Although online retail sales form only a small percentage of total retail sales, the remarkable growth potential of this channel has attracted the attention of researchers and practitioners alike (Shim et al. 2000; Balabanis et al. 1999; Wolfinbarger and Gilly 2001; Koufaris et al. 2001-2002)....
- Upward only no longer. PARKER, DEBORAH K. // Estates Gazette;Spring2012 Retail Supplement, p7
The article reports on the coming end of upward only rent review as more sales of retailers are obtained from electronic commerce.
- Web Sales Rise in 1Q. // Chain Store Age;May2003, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p130
Presents statistics of the electronic commerce sales of the U.S. retail industry in the first quarter of 2003. Percentage increase in sales; Decline in the average order; Changes in sales growth during the quarter.
- Green Christmas? Trager, Louis // Interactive Week;10/23/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 43, p50
Discusses the promotional activities of online retailers at the end of 2000. Forecast on the industry's revenue and operational terms; Details on the holiday sales of online retailers; Information on the Amazing-Bargains.com, a site that combines the web for discounts. INSET: HOLIDAY FEAR.
- E-Commerce Retail Sales Up 26.7% to $4.7B in 3Q. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/23/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32265, p6
Reports on the increase of retails sales through electronic commerce in the third quarter of 2005 in the U.S.
- E-TAILING IN IRELAND: A REVIEW OF IRELAND'S TOP 25 RETAILERS. Scott, Murray; Golden, William; Hughes, Martin // Irish Marketing Review;2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p15
Electronic commerce provides a new sales channel for traditional retailers. Yet many traditional retailers have been slow to embrace the new technology. However, others, 'clicks and bricks' retailers, have successfully integrated physical operations with online stores. This paper assesses the...
- Internet Sales: A Bright Spot in Retailing. McIntosh, Jay; Stubing, Pam // Chain Store Age;Sep2003, Vol. 79 Issue 9, Special Section p1
Examines the performance of U.S. retail Internet sales as of September 2003. Outlook on the growth of online retail sales; Efforts of retailers to adopt online opportunities; Potential areas of risk in retailing.
- UK: Online clothing sales growth slows in January. Smith, Katie // Aroq - Just-Style.com (Global News);2/21/2014, p7
The article reports that online retail sales in England have increased 18% year-on-year in January, 2014, despite a slowdown in growth for the clothing sector. Figures from the IMRG Capgemini e-Retail Sales Index found online sales performed better than expected, with total spend estimated at...
- Sales Tax and the Internet. Scarry, Donald M. // Business News New Jersey;03/21/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p12
Editorial. Comments on the sales tax exemption of Internet-based retail sales in the United States. Arguments about sales taxes and the Internet; Effects of sales tax on Internet businesses.