Holmes Harbor Investors Test Securities Laws
- Utah County Tops Itself With $92 Million of Lease Revenue Debt. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;06/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30667, p3
Reports on Salt Lake City, Utah's sale of $92 million of high-grade lease revenue bonds. Negotiation through an underwriting syndicate led by Prudential Securities Inc.; Payment for the construction of the South Towne Exposition Center.
- Prudential Closes $135M Seitel Bond Offering. DURAN, DANIELE // Private Placement Letter;01/25/99, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p1
Reports that Prudential Securities has closed its bond offering for Seitel Inc. Worth of the deal; Structure of the offering; Information on Seitel.
- Research digest. Harris, Elizabeth E.; Karchmer, Jennifer; Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;02/10/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30576, p8
Evaluates several bonds issued in the United States as of February 10, 1999. Includes Nuveen Performance Plus issued by Prudential Securities Inc.; Student loan bonds issued by PaineWebber Inc.; Municipal bonds issued by Shelby County, Tennessee.
- Firm: Washington Mum Market at Stake in Case. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32331, p1
The article reports on Prudential Securities Inc.'s arguments challenging the bondholders' appeal of a jury's finding that it did not violate state securities laws by selling bonds. Prudential claims that the Washington State Supreme Court will harm the municipal securities market in the state...
- Prudential report stirs controversy. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/15/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30598, p1
Focuses on Prudential Securities Inc.'s research on the 46-state settlement with four tobacco companies in the United States. Issues raised by the findings on New York City's plans to sell bonds backed by payments from the settlement; Criticisms on the timing of the report's release; Potential...
- Washington Supreme Court Kicks Prudential Case Back to Appeals. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/3/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32501, p5
The article provides updates on the findings of the Washington State Supreme Court on the case of Prudential Securities Inc. The high court declined to hear the case and sent it to Division One of the Washington Court of Appeals after the bondholders and their lawyers filed a petition. The...
- Let It Ride. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31742, p31
Reports that Prudential Securities Inc. has reiterated its buy recommendation and stable outlook for the general obligation bonds of the state of Nevada. Ability of the state to survive with the negative effects of the sluggish economy; Threat of the competition from California's Indian-owned...
- Washington Appeals Court Favors Prudential in Holmes Harbor Case. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/10/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32604, p5
The article reports on the decision of Washington State Court of Appeals concerning the case of Prudential and Holmes Harbor. The Court of Appeals has affirmed that Prudential Securities Inc. did not violate state securities laws by selling most of the $20 million of bonds that were legally...
- Pru's Million-Dollar Brokers Grumble. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Aug2001, Vol. 11 Issue 8, pN.PAG
Focuses on complaints of brokers at Prudential Securities Inc.'s Special Accounts Group in New York City. Problems that the New York City branch faces; Departure of the company from the investment banking business; Dissatisfaction among brokers in the branch who are under an obligation to stay.