Osnos Takes Aim at Returns Problem with The Caravan Project
- Converting Mindshare to Market Share. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;6/21/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 24, p15
The article focuses on a survey which looked at how independent booksellers can recapture missed business as well as the impact of electronic books on their business. Jack McKeown, chief executive officer (CEO) of Perseus Books, estimated the lost business could amount to 260 million U.S....
- WHAT'S AHEAD FOR DISTRIBUTION? ROSEN, JUDITH // Publishers Weekly;7/28/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 30, p22
The article discusses how mergers among book distributors, such as Ingram Content Group's acquisition of the distribution lines of Perseus, are changing the industry. Topics include the belief among publishers that print books will remain popular despite the growth of electronic books, why...
- News Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;12/11/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 48, p5
The article presents news briefs on the developments made in the field of publishing. Regnery Publishing Inc. coordinated with the firm Perseus Books Group for the distribution of its titles, in the year 2007. Judy Brown, an editor, and her publishers were accused by Jay Leno, host of the TV...
- Perseus Books Group Names New CEO. // Book Publishing Report;1/12/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p7
Reports that David Steinberger was appointed as the new president and chief executive officer of Perseus Books Group. Background of Steinberger's experiences.
- Perseus Books Reveals More Leadership Changes. // Book Publishing Report;2/9/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p4
Reports that Perseus Books Group had added to its growing list of management changes. Transitioning of president and publisher Buz Teacher to a part-time role in the Running Press division; John Whalen's taking up of the position of publisher.
- Small publisher enters big leagues. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;9/10/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p1
The article focuses on Perseus Books Group, a small book publisher, which ranks eighth in the book universe. According to David Steinberger, chief executive of Perseus, the company is not in the big-bet poker game for New York Times best sellers. Steinberger further added that the company's...
- Perseus, Nelson, Scholastic Tighten Belts in Rough Market. Milliot, Jim; Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;2/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the actions taken by several publishers, The Perseus Books Group, Thomas Nelson and Scholastic to address the challenges faced by the U.S. publishing industry as of February 17, 2003. Details of the title reorganization at the Perseus Books Group; Projected reduction in the...
- THE PERSEUS CHALLENGE. // Publishers Weekly;4/27/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 17, p6
The article reports on the challenge taken by Perseus Books Group before the official start of BookExpo America (BEA) 2009. The company promised to publish a book within 48 hours and have it ready for a launch party in its booth. It decided to pursue the idea in order the notion that book...
- Da Capo Forms New Lifelong Books Imprint. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;8/11/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 32, p121
Reports on the move of Da Capo Press, a unit of Perseus Books Group, to form the Da Capo Lifelong Book unit. Details on the reorganization undertaken by Perseus Books Group; Reason of Da Capo Press for forming the unit; Aims of the reorganization.