Penguin Praise Plans to Broaden Religious Book Audience
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;05/15/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p8
Reports on developments concerning book publishers and publishing as of May 15, 2000. Key personnel changes at Penguin Group; Suzanne Baboneau's appointment as fiction publisher at Simon & Schuster in Great Britain.
- Pearson Expects Penguin Group to Post Modest Revenue Gains for 2003. // Book Publishing Report;12/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p3
Reports that London, England-based publisher Pearson is expecting its Penguin Group division to finish 2003 with a 1-2 percent increase in sales. Sales of the publisher in 2002; Strong second half front list sales of the company.
- Penguin Group To Form New Book Division. // Book Publishing Report;2/9/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p4
highlights Penguin Group's launching of a new division featuring "book-plus" products. Goal of the division to publish instant books within three months of the date of occurrence of the event.
- Penguin Names New Publisher of Puffin Books. // Book Publishing Report;2/9/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p6
Reveals that New York-based Penguin Group has named Eileen Bishop Kreit vice president and publisher of its Puffin Books imprint. Previous position held.
- CLASSIC RETURNS. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;11/1/2002, Vol. 127 Issue 18, p134
Discusses reprinted editions of classic literature published by Penguin Classics. Merger of its several classics book lines into one imprint; Publication of several books in its 'Classics' series, which will begin in 2003; Publication of teachers' guides; Marketing strategy.
- Vital Viking Helps Drive Up Penguin Revenues, Profits In First Half of 2000. // Book Publishing Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the financial performance of book publisher Penguin Group during the first half of 2000. Increase in sales and operating profits; Aggressive use of the Internet as a channel for sales promotion; Increase in number of Penguin titles making the `New York Times' bestseller lists;...
- IN THE LOOP. . . // Book Publishing Report;5/5/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p2
Reports on the business expansion of Penguin Group USA. Ranking of the publishers based on its financial performance; Employment of Laureen Rowland; Investment in nonfiction imprint.
- Getting the Word Out. Winston, Kimberly // Publishers Weekly;3/26/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 13, pS4
The article discusses the marketing strategies that can be used by Mind-Body-Spirit (MBS) publishers to promote their publications. According to Joel Fotinos, director at Penguin Group, MBS publishers should continue to feed the media that accept the topic, while finding the customers in the...
- First Half Mostly Kind to Leading Publishers; Frontlist in Focus. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2007, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p7
The article reports on the improvement in the financial performance of book publishers in the first quarter of 2007. Harlequin Inc. claims that its revenue grew to $228.2 million and $31.2 million in operating profit from series books sales. HarperCollins Publishers Inc. reported a revenue of...