Mayor's $473M Budget
- Albuquerque Mayor, Council Spar Over Bond Package. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/11/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32171, p6
Reports on the application of the line-item veto of Albuquerque Mayor Martin Chavez to cut the general obligation bond proposal approved by the city council in New Mexico. Removal of the substitute projects from the final package; Restoration of fiscal integrity and budget process; Consideration...
- Jail System Shortfall. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/11/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32358, p27
The article reports on the insufficiency of the budget projections issued by county executives to pay for the local jail system in Bernalillo County, New Mexico. The county might reduce the appropriation for other initiatives in order to finance jail operations. Mayor Martin ChÃ¡vez intends to...
- A Step Forward for Springfield. // BusinessWest;11/4/2013, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p12
The author talks about the consequences brought on by Springfield city council in Massachusetts approving the 40,000 dollar raise for the salary of its mayor, raising it from 95,000 to 135,000 dollars. The author contends that, although salary increases will not assure effective leadership, it...
- Albuquerque OKs $121M in Debt as Chavez Wins Re-Election. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/6/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32233, p32
No abstract available.
- Council to consider raising pay range for water director. Kaffer, Nancy // Crain's Detroit Business;3/21/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p2
The article presents information on the plans of the Detroit City Council to increase the salary of the head of the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department.
- Salary Hike Proposal Draws Fire. Ford, William J. // Washington Informer;9/11/2014, Vol. 49 Issue 48, p13
The article reports on the reaction of residents of Prince George's Country, Maryland on the proposal of Prince George's County Council to increase salaries of the council members and executives and presents comments by residents including county civic federation president Angela Holmes.
- Public Budget Hearings. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/2/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32372, p31
The article reports on the arrangement of three public hearing by the Albuquerque City Council on the proposed budget of Mayor Martin ChÃ¡vez in New Mexico. The 473 million dollars budget proposition includes wage increases, public safety improvements, expansion of the bus system, and for the...
- Hotel Incentives. Wiliansom, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31827, p31
Reports on financial incentives planned by the City Council of Albuquerque, New Mexico for developers of a proposed downtown hotel. Hotel that would serve the city's convention center and enhance the appeal of an arena planned in the same area; City Council member Eric Griego; Construction of...
- Albuquerque Postpones Action on Streetcar Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/5/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32521, p6
The article reports on the delay of the proposed streetcar project in Albuquerque, New Mexico due to the withdrawal of support made by Mayor Martin ChÃ¡vez on the proposed $200 million of revenue bonds. The proposed bonds were being cancelled by the City Council agenda, as well as the...