First Southwest Co. Looks Back on 60 Years of History
- First Southwest credits 'tunnel vision' for keeping it stable during lawsuit. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;12/03/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30532, p1
Reports on First Southwest Co.'s stability despite the ongoing legal feud between two of its partners. Opponents' attempt to use the lawsuit as a way to steer deals away from First Southwest; Firm's dominance in the Texas financial advisory business; Factors critical to rebuilding First...
- First Southwest Seeks a Presence in L.A. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/27/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30879, p32
Reports that financial advisory and underwriting firm First Southwest Co. is expanding to the West Coast with the opening of a Los Angeles, California office. Hiring of J. Steven Rhodes to head the West Coast office; Banking and financial advisory services to be offered in the Los Angeles office.
- First Southwest's Mississippi Office Open for Business. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/29/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31645, p35
Dallas-based First Southwest Co. has opened an office in Jackson, Mississippi. The firm served as a financial adviser for the sale of 3.3 million dollars of debt through Mississippi's master-lease purchase program and setting its sights on more issues at the state and local levels. First...
- First Southwest to Join Southwest Securities Under Hilltop Name. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;10/22/2015, p14
The article reports that financial advisor First Southwest Co. will merge with broker-dealer firm Southwest Securities under the name Hilltop Securities by January 2016.
- FOCUS ON: UNIFIED MANAGED ACCOUNTS. // Bank Investment Consultant;Dec2010, Vol. 18 Issue 12, pA14
The article presents the views of Scott Egner of Managed Account Solutions and TD Ameritade International , and Caroline Austin of First Southwest Co. and FSW Advisory Services on the current trends in Unified Managed Accounts (UMAs). Scott Egner believes that UMAs allow financial advisors to...
- Dallas-Based First Southwest Completes Arimax Financial Advisors Acquisition. Walker, Susanne; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/3/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31833, p36
Reports on First Southwest Co.'s acquisition of Arimax Financial Advisors Inc. of New York City. Perceived benefit of the acquisition to the two firms, according to Hill Feinberg, First Southwest chairman and CEO; Naming of Steve J. Kantor, former president of Arimax, as senior vice president a...
- World Updates. // Business Insurance;1/20/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p13
Presents news items related to happenings in the field of financial services industry across the world as of January 20, 2003. Announcement by Spanish Finance ministry on estimates of insurance costs; Percentage increase of U.S. business of London, England; Appointment of Dietmar Zietsch to the...
- Industry in talks to set up IFA-only PI insurer. Boles, Corey // Money Marketing;2/6/2003, p1
Reports on the talks between Association of Independent Financial Advisers (IFA) and Association of Business Insurers, Financial Services Authority, product provider and professional indemnity (PI) underwriters on the possibility of forming a PI insurer selling exclusively to IFA. Uses of the...
- Protecting against Offshore Risks. // Risk Management (00355593);Sep2003, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on the Offshoring Protection Insurance offered by Aon Trade Credit for financial service businesses in the United States which are planning to relocate operations to foreign countries.