Minnesota Attorney General to Appeal Ruling Against Tobacco Products Fee
- Public thoughts on privacy from Minnesota's attorney general. Cocheo, Steve // ABA Banking Journal;Jul2000, Vol. 92 Issue 7, p24
Features Mike Hatch, attorney general of Minnesota. Focus on his banking privacy campaign; Source of his interest in financial privacy; His career background.
- Tobacco firms offer $360 billion. Hofmann, Mark A.; Prince, Michael // Business Insurance;06/23/97, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p1
Focuses on a proposed settlement between the tobacco industry and a group of state attorneys in the United States. Terms and conditions applicable to the proposal; Effects on the cigarette manufacturers; Identification of major provisions associated with the deal.
- In a deal with the devil, who do you think comes out ahead? Dombrowski, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;07/18/97, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p9
Criticizes the agreement forged between states' attorney general and United States tobacco companies regarding the settlement of class action suit filed against tobacco companies by the states. Projected amount of settlement; Possibility that tobacco companies may pass the settlement costs to...
- Minnesota Health Systems Accept Pricing, Collection Agreements. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jun2005, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p28
Reports on the agreement between the four health system agencies, Allina Health System, North Memorial Health Care, Park Nicollet Health Services and HealthEast Care System, and the Minnesota attorney general Mike Hatch regarding hospital pricing and debt collection practices in the U.S....
- Tabakmarkt noch ohne Schwung. von Pilar, Gabriel // Lebensmittel Zeitung;5/24/2013, Issue 21, p12
Statistics from the Statistischen Bundesamtes (Federal Office of Statistics) on the taxation of tobacco products sold in Germany are offered.
- NATO fights proposed cigarette tax hike In Washington. // National Petroleum News;Apr2010, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on a letter sent from the National Association of Tobacco Outlets (NATO) to Washington state representatives opposing the proposed cigarette tax hike in the state.
- Show me. Piotrowski, Julie // Modern Healthcare;4/28/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p18
Reports on the appeal made by Missouri Attorney General Jay Nixon in April 2003 to a judge's approval of plans of Saint Luke's Health System to build a hospital in Lee's Summit, Missouri. Comments from G. Richard Hastings, chief executive of Saint Luke's; Cost of the hospital construction plan;...
- Pending settlement stalls legal battle. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/28/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 52, p15
Reports on the pending settlement of Earlham College's appeal of a Hamilton County judge's order to account for a 41-year-old trust it controls in Indiana. Development of an agreement to settle the legal battle out of court; Evaluation of the Conner Prairie and Earlham College relationship by...
- Nudity acquittals appealed. // Body Politic;May79, Issue 52, p15
Reports that the Attorney General of Ontario has been appealing the acquittals of a number of men, gay and non-gay on public nudity charges arising out of police entrapment arrests in August 1978. Description of the police entrapment arrests at Hanlan's Point; Stance taken by Assistant Crown...