D.C. Finance Committee Approves Convention Center Hotel TIF Deal
- BET Founder's Real Estate Investment Company Sells 22 Hotels In Major Cities For About $900 Million. // Jet;3/17/2008, Vol. 113 Issue 10, p32
The article discusses the sale of 22 hotels by RLJ Development LLC to Inland American Lodging Corp. RLJ is owned by Robert L. Johnson, the founder of Black Entertainment Television (BET). The amount which the hotels sold for is mentioned. The cities in which the hotels are located in include...
- BOB JOHNSON'S NEW LIBERIA VENTURE. Brown, Ann // Black Enterprise;Apr2008, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p32
The article deals with an agreement between the RLJ Liberia Initiative and the government of Liberia to construct a four-star hotel in Monrovia. RLJ Development LLC CEO Robert L. Johnson's project is an outgrowth of the Clinton Global Initiative. The RLJ Liberia Initiative is a multifaceted...
- D.C. Authority Picks New Team For $187 Million Hotel TIF Deal. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;2/10/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33059, p4
The article reports on the selection of the Washington Convention Center Authority of a new team of underwriters to manage the sale of $187 million of tax increment financing bonds in Washington. The bonds will finance a new 1,167-room Marriott Marquis Hotel headquarters that will be built...
- BOB JOHNSON ENTERS BANKING INDUSTRY. Holmes, Tamara E. // Black Enterprise;Aug2006, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p31
The article focuses on the entry of Robert L. Johnson, CEO of RLJ Development LLC, into the banking industry. He had acquired Metro Bank in Orlando, Florida, which will be renamed Urban Trust Bank and will provide financial products in every U.S. state. The CEO is optimistic despite the decrease...
- Miners may sit vacant for years. Sanders, Ramona C. // Collinsville Herald;2/6/2013, Vol. 55 Issue 6, pA1
The article reports on the possibility that Miner's Institute in Collinsville, Illinois might remain vacant for years as the city and the Collinsville Area Recreation District (CARD) disagree over the repayment of tax increment financing (TIF) funds to CARD.
- Dallas utility district lays groundwork for refunding, reducing debt service. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/12/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30617, p27
Informs about the efforts of Dallas County Utility and Reclamation District (DCURD) in Texas to recruit other local governments to aid in its recovery plan. Willingness of a new tax increment financing (TIF) district to help bail out the DCURD; Creation of the TIF by the city of Irving to...
- New hotel near convention center considered. O'Reiley, Tim // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);4/18/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 16, pP13
The article reports that Marriott International is still interested in constructing a hotel across the Las Vegas Convention Center in Nevada in 2011, a project which was buried under the recession three years ago.
- SAVVY SELECT-SERVICE. // Hotelier;Sep2013, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p3
The article announces the interest of potential owners in the construction of AC Hotels by Marriott International Inc. in 2013.
- Rezoning for Lakeside hotels on council agenda. Mercer, Tenisha // Crain's Detroit Business;11/16/98, Vol. 14 Issue 46, p25
Reports that the Sterling Heights City Council will consider amending zoning laws to allow Marriott International Inc. to build two, three-story hotels near Lakeside Mall in Sterling Heights, Michigan.