Treasury To Raise Cash With 9-Yr, 9-Mo. TIPS
- Treasury to Auction $6B 20-Year TIPs. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;7/20/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32672, p6
The article reports on the U.S. Treasury Department's plan to auction $6 billion 19-year, six-month inflation-indexed notes on July 24, 2007. The inflation-indexed notes are dated July 15, 2007, and due on January 15, 2027. The article reveals that the notes are a reopening of the 2 3/8 percent...
- Treasury Inflation-Indexed Debt: A Review of the U.S. Experience. Sack, Brian; Elsasser, Robert // Economic Policy Review (19320426);May2004, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p47
Examines the market performance of the treasury inflation-indexed securities (TIIS) of the U.S. from 1997 to 2003. Benefits of TIIS to investors and the Treasury; Reasons for the valuation problems regarding TIIS; Market mechanics of TIIS; History of yields on nominal and inflation-indexed...
- Treasury Indexed 20-Yrs Go at 2.494% High Yield. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;7/26/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32431, p7
The article reports that the U.S. Treasury Department has sold $7 billion of inflation-indexed 19-year, six-month bonds at a 2.494 percent yield, an adjusted price of 94.278150, with a 2 percent coupon. This is a reopening of an inflation-indexed bond previously issued on January 31, 2006. The...
- Bond Buyer Indexes Mixed as Sell-Off Erodes Slight Gains. Scarchill, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/23/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32885, p9
The article focuses on the mixed results of the weekly indexes of "Bond Buyer" in the third week of May 2008, due to slight gains which were nearly washed away by a sell-off in the U.S. The municipal bonds were bound to get weaker as the Treasuries continued to decline and the municipal bonds...
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;1/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32295, p2
The article presents news briefs related to the government securities market in the U.S. The U.S. Department of the Treasury is scheduled to raise cash by auctioning $9 billion 10 year inflation-indexed notes on January 12, 2006 and $13 billion of five-year notes on January 11, 2006. Tender...
- At Your FingerTIPS. Nelson, Scott Bernard // Entrepreneur;Oct2004, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p66
Explains that entrepreneurs can get a hold on high inflation rates with Treasury inflation-protected securities (TIPS). TIPS to be available in five-year maturities starting October 2004; Advantage of the principal changing in line with the Consumer Price Index; Disadvantage of having...
- Treasury to Sell $16B 5-Yr TIPs. // Bond Buyer;12/12/2014, Issue F347, p1
The Treasury Department said it will auction $16 billion four-year four-month 1/8% inflation-indexed bonds on Thursday, Dec. 18.
- T-Bill Auction To Raise New Cash. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32180, p2
Reports on the worth of discount bills and inflation-indexed notes that will be auctioned by the United States Treasury Department.
- Treasury Indexed 10-Year TIPs Go at 0.725% High Yield. // Bond Buyer;1/22/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F351, p1
The Treasury Department sold $15 billion of inflation-indexed 10-year TIPs at a 0.725% high yield, an adjusted price of 98.946468, with a 5/8% coupon.