CEOs: Confident for Now, Pessimistic About Future
- CEO Confidence Dips To 44 in Third Quarter. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;10/13/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32486, p2
The article reports on the lack of confidence expressed by chief executives in the nations economy, according to survey conducted by the Conference Board in the U.S. The Confidence Board's measure of business confidence on more than 100 chief executives of the industries dropped off to 44 in the...
- CEO Confidence Dips, Conference Board Reports. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;7/13/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32422, p2
The article reports that the confidence of U.S. chief executives officers (CEO) in the nation's economy suffered a setback, according to surveys conducted by the Conference Board. Only 21 percent of business leaders expect economic conditions to improve on the coming months. Expectations for...
- Economy Strong in San Diego, Finding Talent Increasingly Difficult. Pastor, Rafael // San Diego Business Journal;7/9/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 28, Special section p6
The article highlights the Vistage CEO Confidence Index for San Diego, California covering the second quarter which ended June 2007. According to the Vistage survey, chief executive officers (CEO) in San Diego are feeling the pinch caused by high gas prices and the slow real estate market. The...
- Leading Economic Indicators Rose 0.3% in June. Lim, Yong // Bond Buyer;7/21/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34146, p1
The article reports on increase in the index of Leading Economic Indicators (LEI) to 0.3 percent in June 2014 as informed by the research organization Conference Board and the prediction of the economists polled by the U.S. information services firm Thomson Reuters on LEI growth by 0.5 percent.
- Growing optimism. Everett-Heath, Tom // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/5/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 45, p8
Provides information on the HSBC-MEED Middle East Business Confidence Survey in November 2004. Main impetus for the improvement in the Middle East Business Confidence Index; Increase in international and regional interest rates; Indication of the regional landscape from the survey.
- CONSUMER CONFIDENCE INDEX REACHES ITS HIGHEST LEVEL IN EIGHT MONTHS. // ISO & Agent Weekly;6/4/2009, Vol. 5 Issue 19, p7
The article reports on the announcement of the Conference Board Inc., that the Consumer Confidence Index rose sharply in May 2009. According to the board, the Consumer Confidence Index stands at 54.9 up from 40.8 in April and 26 in March 2. Meanwhile, some respondents believed that the business...
- CEOs ECONOMIC FORECAST. Gomez, Alisha // Orange County Business Journal;7/25/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p63
Presents the result of the survey depicting the economic forecasts of senior management executives as of July 2005.
- Stormy Weather. Laff, Michael // T+D;May2008, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the findings from chief executive officer (CEO) confidence survey in the U.S. It shows that while many of them believe the latest downturn will be short lived, their overall business confidence has dropped. Meanwhile, most of the CEOs surveyed lead organizations with...
- CEO Confidence Rises To 50 From 44 in 4Q. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;1/10/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32545, p2
The article reports on the growth of chief executive officers' confidence concerning the U.S. economy in the fourth quarter of 2006. The measure of business confidence has climbed to 50 from 44 percent in the third quarter as indicated by Conference Board. It is based on the quarterly surveys of...