Riverside COPs Rise
- San Diego's Debt Ratings Suspended. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31973, p1
Reports on the suspension of San Diego's debt by Standard & Poor's Ratings Services in California. Reason of the suspension; Impact of the suspension on general fund-backed lease underlying ratings; Failure of the agency to provide the amount of debt affected by the suspension.
- S&P Drops CIFG to A-Plus. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;3/13/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32835, p1
The article reports that the Standard & Poor's Corp. has rated CIFG Guaranty to A-plus from AAAA. It states that the rating change came as municipal market officials including issuers, insurers and rating agencies has appeared before the Financial Services Committee hearing. The compay stated...
- S&P reveals ratings changes across high income funds. Hughes, Frances // Fund Strategy;10/30/2006, p6
The article reports on the analysis made by Standard & Poor to the High Income sector in Great Britain. The analysis states that two funds has increased while four has decreased in rating. These two funds include Bluebay High Yield Bond which was managed by Anthony Robertson and Fidelity U.S....
- Good News Is No News? The Impact of Credit Rating Changes on the Pricing of Asset-Backed Securities. Ammer, John; Clinton, Nathanael // Working Papers -- U.S. Federal Reserve Board's International Fin;2004, p1
We assess the impact of credit ratings on the pricing of structured financial products, using a sample of more than 1300 changes in Moody's or Standard and Poor's (S&P) ratings of U.S. asset-backed securities (ABS). We find that rating downgrades tend to be accompanied by negative returns and...
- S&P Starts Assigning Management Assessments to GO, Appropriation Bonds. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/29/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32413, p7
The article reports on the new rating system of Standard & Poor's Corp. for general obligation (GO) and appropriation bonds. The agency's U.S. public finance ratings groups has begun assigning formalized financial management assessments on GO and appropriation debts. Under the new system,...
- Concord Metropolitan District, Colo., Upgraded to BBB-Plus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;5/1/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F317, p1
The article reports that the U.S. financial services industry Standard and Poor's Ratings Services Inc. has upgraded its long-term rating on general obligation refunding bonds of the Concord Metropolitan District, Colorado, from BBB to BBB-plus. Standard and Poor's credit analyst Bryan Moore...
- Washington County, Md., Upgraded, Affirmed Ahead of $25 Million Deal. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/6/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32332, p28
The article reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s upgrade and Fitch Ratings Inc.'s affirmation of underlying credit ratings for Washington County, Maryland in advance of the country's competitive sale of $25.5 million in general obligation bonds. The rating on the county's $129.4 million of...
- N.Y.C. Sets $850M Debt Sale for Next Week. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32167, p36
Reports on the plans of the New York City to sell tax-exempt fixed-rate bonds. Rating of New York City's general obligation bonds by Moody's Investors Service, Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's.
- Pittsburgh's Fiscal Problems Run It Down. Lemov, Penelope // Governing;Dec2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p58
Focuses on the decision of Standard & Poor's to lower the bond rating of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Reasons for the downgrade; Budget problems facing Pittsburgh; Outlook of Moody's Investor Service and Fitch on the bond rating of Pittsburgh.