Lawmakers Expected to OK Univ. of Minnesota Stadium Plan
- Does Minnesota need a '13th' grade? Allen, Donald // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;5/16/2013, Vol. 79 Issue 42, p4
The article informs about a bill related to 13th grade pilot project in north Minneapolis that has been enacted by the Minnesota House of Representatives and the program is expected to eradicate educational failures in poor minority communities.
- Minnesota Election Results. // Construction Bulletin;12/3/2004, Vol. 288 Issue 10, p4
The article presents result of Minnesota Election held on November 2, 2004. Results show that control of the state's House of Representatives came close to switching parties. Minnesota's Democratic Farmer-Labor (DFL) party picked up 13 seats. As a result of the November election, Minnesota...
- House passes supplemental budget bill. // Farmer;May2014, Vol. 132 Issue 5, p5
The article focuses on the supplemental budget bill HF3172 of 322 million U.S. dollars that was passed by the Minnesota House of Representatives in April 2014, and further discusses the bill was divided into several budget areas including human services, higher education and public safety.
- Minnesota House Speaker Targets Change. Branham, Mary // Capitol Ideas;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p16
An interview with Minnesota House Speaker Kurt Zellers is presented. He states that the focus of Republicans on fiscal responsibility has convinced the voters for several legislative changes. He says that the 75% success of the Tea Party movement was due to their candidates who are relaying...
- Minnesota House sends marriage ban amendment to voters. Wockner, Rex // Pink Paper;5/27/2011, p7
The article reports that Minnesota's House of Representatives in May 2011 have voted 70-62 for holding a referendum to amend the state constitution to ban same-sex marriage while a new coalition of gay people called Minnesotans United for All Families is expected to fight the amendment.
- White House release statement in response to Minnesota anti-gay bill. Lloyd, Peter // Pink Paper;5/27/2011, p12
The article reports that U.S. President Barack Obama has released an official statement on May 24, 2011 condemning the move by Minnesota House of Representatives to propose a ban on same-sex marriage via a 70-62 vote to hold a referendum to amend the state constitution.
- Special Session. // Construction Bulletin;12/17/2004, Vol. 288 Issue 12, p6
The article reports that Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty called for a special session of the legislature on November 20th to pass a $430 million capital improvements bill. Minnesota Republicans in the House of Representatives, meanwhile, wanted a bonding bill of $674 million. No agreement was...
- Star (Tribune) Chamber. // Editor & Publisher;04/10/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 15, p20
Comments on the inquiry of the Minnesota House of Representatives into the editorial position of `Star Tribune' on the proposed light-rail line when the state decided to run part of the line across the paper's parking lot. Representatives who refused to be involved in the inquiry; Criticism on...
- CIVIL RIGHTS: MINNESOTA: Bills Introduced. // Advocate;3/26/75, Issue 160, p12
Reports on the legislation introduced in the Minnesota Senate and Minnesota House of Representatives, prohibiting discrimination against gays. Overview of this legislation; Sponsors of this bill in both the House and Senate of Minnesota; Overview of the proceeding for the approval of the bill.