Indiana Lease Opponents Plan Lawsuits
- Plan for optional interstate tolls may hit potholes. O'Malley, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/22/2010, Vol. 30 Issue 52, p8
The article reports on the controversy surrounding a proposed addition of optional toll lanes to parts of the Interstates 69 and 65 in Indianapolis, Indiana. The plan was faced with the issue of how to squeeze more lanes into the crowded I-69 corridor. It also debated on whether toll lanes can...
- Forgo the tax cut and finish I-69. LEIGHTY, Hilary // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/4/2013 Supplement, p5B
The article presents the author's views on the transportation project Interstate 69 to build a road from Evansville to Indianapolis in Indiana. She remarks that opponents claim that the environment will be hurted and greenhouse gases will be increased by an interstate road while some are...
- Regional Rail Plan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/5/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32104, p27
Reports on the meeting between the officials from the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex with the Texas Transportation Commission in Texas. Discussion of the request for a regional rail system; Recommendation of additional funding for freeways and toll roads.
- Debt Debate. // Orange County Business Journal;5/10/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p47
Presents viewpoint on the expected action by the Transportation Corridor Agencies to decide a controversial, staff-recommended multi-billion bailout for the struggling San Joaquin (73) Tool Road in California.
- Virginia's Dulles Toll Road Ups Ante for Metrorail Extension. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32074, p4
Reports on the vote of state transportation officials to increase the toll fee on the Dulles Toll Road in Virginia. Amount approved to be raised from the toll fee; Aim of the initiative to help fund the state's share in the extension of the Metrorail subway system; Applicability of the increase...
- Independent Report Prompts Plan To Eliminate Some MassPike Tolls. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/26/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32495, p39
The article reports on Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney's plan to eliminate tolls along a portion of the Western Turnpike by June 2007. Romney's plan was made following an independent financial assessment of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority. The article suggests that Romney's plan may...
- Putting up roadblocks. Zeyher, Allen // Roads & Bridges;Apr2006, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on issues that need to be addressed by the Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) for the approval of the construction of Interstate-69 (I-69) highway. Need for the INDOT to get approval from the General Assembly before it implements tolling of I-69 between Martinsville and...
- Indiana Toll Road Bankruptcy Won't Hurt State's Credit: Moody's. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/6/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34189, p1
The bankruptcy of the private operator who runs the Indiana Toll Road is not expected to affect the triple-A rated state's credit, Moody's Investors Service said Friday.
- A change in the policy climate? Current European perspectives on road pricing. Grieco, Margaret; Jones, Peter M. // Urban Studies (Routledge);Nov94, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p1517
Examines the changes in attitudes towards road pricing in the European Community across the range of members states and their geographical neighbors. Mobility of European road-pricing projects; Interaction of political and technical pressures; Policy impulses behind electronic road pricing;...