S&P Report Urges Raid On Illegal Immigrants' Social Security Payments
- N.Y.'s Suffolk County to Sell $66M in Debt on Heels of S&P Upgrade. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;5/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32376, p36
This article reports that the Suffolk County government of N.Y. issued $66 million in civic improvement serial bonds in a competitive sale. The move follows Standard & Poor's upgrade of the county's credit ratings from AA-minus to A-plus. Proceeds from the 20-year securities will fund a variety...
- Unique County Road Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p31
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to raise its rating on Baldwin County, Alabama's outstanding general obligation debt. Strong economic growth and effective financial management of the county; Rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service to Baldwin County's upcoming sale.
- Columbus County Stable. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32228, p31
Reports on the revision of the debt outlook of Columbus County, North Carolina to stable from negative by rating firm Standard & Poor's Corp. in the U.S. Impact of the county's moderate unemployment rate and sustained sound financial performance on the revision of the debt rating; Expectation...
- Social Security Crisis Will Worsen if Mexicans Cash In. Edwards Jr., James R. // Insight on the News;3/18/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p50
Discusses the possible implications of the plan to give social security benefits to illegal Mexican aliens in the U.S. for the viability of the Social Security program. Cost of benefits that the illegal aliens would receive from the U.S. government; Effect of the proposed deal on the provisions...
- Nassau May Be at Fiscal Turning Point. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;06/29/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30923, p1
Reports that the Nassau Interim Finance Authority in Nassau County, New York held a meeting after Standard & Poor's Corp. downgraded the county's finances. Appointment of Richard Luke as executive director and treasurer; Plan to reduce the county's budget for 2000; Oversight responsibilities of...
- Washington Inside. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);5/30/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p21
The article presents a public petition addressed to the U.S. President that calls for the revocation of the bill which would allow illegal aliens to access Social Security.
- NORTH CAROLINA: A New High Point. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/18/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32736, p9
No abstract available.
- Utility ratings group realigns as it goes global. // Electrical World;Sep96, Vol. 210 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the realignment of Standard & Poor's utility ratings department. Global electric, gas, and water utility analyzing team to be headed by Edward Z. Emmer; Coverage of international telecommunications and cable television industry to be headed by Richard Siderman.
- Open-ended pool financing nears. // Electrical World;Jul98, Vol. 212 Issue 7, p10
Reports that according to the ViewPoint of Project Finance, Utilities, and Concessions report from Standard and Poor's Ratings Services, market participants are refocusing on credit risk. Why participants are refocusing on credit risk; Comments from William Chew, managing director, Standard and...