S&P Report Urges Raid On Illegal Immigrants' Social Security Payments
- S&P Downgrades Puerto Rico to BBB-Minus. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;5/23/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32635, p1
The article reports on the downgrade of Puerto Rico's $8.16 billion of outstanding general obligation debt ratings to BBB-minus from BBB, by Standard & Poor's. The credit rating is one notch above non-investment grade and changed the outlook to stable from negative. According to analyst Horacio...
- S&P Keeps Negative Watch on Jefferson County Debt. Sigo, Shelly // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/17/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 15, p14
The article reports on the Standard & Poor's Corp.'s (S&P) negative CreditWatch designation on the non-sewer related debt owed by Jefferson County, Alabama. S&P confirmed that the debt is rated below investment grade and is subject to further downgrade. Analyst James Breeding said that...
- S&P Upgrades 46 Texas Counties Due to Growth, Low Debt. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/1/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33013, p6
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) has elevated 46 Texas counties that are growing small debt loads in a weakening economy. It is said that these counties have shown worthy of a higher rating because of their stable financial positions, coupled with low debt burdens. Some of...
- Anderson County, S.C, Raised to AA bv S&P. // Bond Buyer;9/20/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32221, p2
Reports on the upgrade of the bond rating of Anderson County, South Carolina from AA-minus to AA by Standard & Poor's Corp. Influence of the county's sound financial management and enhanced planning on the upgrade of the bond rating; Condition of the wealth levels of the county.
- Standard & Poor's Drops Richmond, Calif., to Speculative. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/15/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31801, p3
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. dropped bonds sold by Richmond, California to speculative grade and suspended the ratings in January 2004. Reasons cited for the suspended rating; Failure of the local government to provide information about the city's finances.
- Dispelling Concerns, Pittsburgh Makes Big Debt Service Payment. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;2/27/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31830, p48
Reports that the city of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has made debt service payment due March 1, 2004 despite concerns over the city's cash flow. Sourcing of the payment from the general revenues and money from the Stadium Authority; Total general obligation and pension debt of the city; Positive...
- Newberry Township, Pa., Upgraded to AA-Minus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;10/27/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34200, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it raised its rating on Newberry Township, Pa.'s outstanding general obligation (GO) bonds to AA-minus from A-plus.
- Unique County Road Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p31
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to raise its rating on Baldwin County, Alabama's outstanding general obligation debt. Strong economic growth and effective financial management of the county; Rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service to Baldwin County's upcoming sale.
- S&P: Pension, Health Care Costs Threaten Nations' Triple-A's. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;3/22/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32095, p3
Reports that rising pension and health costs could send the triple-A ratings of the U.S. and other sovereign states to junk status by 2030, according to a report by Standard & Poor's Corp. Reliance of U.S. states and localities on federal funding; Promotion of healthier habits among senior...