- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/8/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31509, p2
Presents news briefs from the U.S. as of November 8, 2002. Decrease in applications for state unemployment benefits in the country; Increase in industrial productivity in the third quarter of 2002; Increase in inventories of merchant wholesalers.
- IN THE NEWS. // Journal of Business (10756124);12/19/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p2
The article offers U.S. news briefs as of December 2013 including expansion of sit-lie law by the Spoken City Council, the federal Emergency Unemployment Compensation to unemployed ends on December 28, 2013, and appointment of Michael Patmas as chief executive officer at Rockwood Clinic.
- EVENTS. // America;3/2/1940, Vol. 62 Issue 21, p588
This section offers news briefs across the U.S. A man who was sent to prison for seven weeks received an unemployment compensation check for every week he was there. A male college student put a 20,000-word treatise on phonograph disks instead of on paper. A society columnist of the...
- WE SEE BY THE PAPERS. // Saturday Evening Post;3/21/1942, Vol. 214 Issue 38, p36
The article presents news briefs in the U.S. as of March 1942. In Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, motion picture writers claimed problems with the unemployment benefits in California. Telephone owners in Washington had increased in 1942 as compared to 1930. There was an existence of virgin buffalo...
- WALL ST./FINANCE. // MondayMorning;11/11/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p4
This section offers news briefs related to business and finance in the U.S. as of November 2013. U.S. stocks rose, which pushed the Dow Jones Industrial Average to a record close. Equities rebounded as the report from the U.S. Labor Department added to evidence that growth in the world's largest...
- 14-Day Cash Managements Draw 3.980% High Rate. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/30/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32268, p6
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Treasury has sold 20 billion dollars of 14-day cash management bills.
- Cash Managements Draw 1.480% High. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/1/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31960, p2
Reports on the U.S. Treasury Department's sale of 16 billion dollar cash management bills.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/3/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32041, p2
The article presents various news items related to bond market. The Treasury Department said that it will raise $988 million of new cash at its weekly auction of 91-day and 182-day discount bills today by selling $36 billion to refund $35,012 billion in maturing securities. First-time...
- BusinessBriefs. // HR Magazine;Dec2000, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p7
Present news briefs on the human resource in United States as of December 2000. Decrease of unemployment insurance tax; Findings concerning misconceptions on women's ability and willingness to work abroad; Release of a study which identifies the best practices used by organizations in achieving...