Consensus Guidelines: Treatment Planning and Options
- Abstract. // Formulary;Dec2005, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p438
An abstract of the article "Pharmacologic options for the management of diabetic peripheral neuropathy," by Mary Gauthier-Lewis, Yasir Ibrahim and Daniel Riche is presented.
- Diabetic Neuropathy: What You Can Do About It. // American Family Physician;9/1/1999, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p1000
Provides information on diabetic neuropathy. Manifestations of diabetic neuropathy; Clinical definition of diabetic neuropathy; Preventive measures of diabetic neuropathy.
- Which Test for Diagnosing Early Human Diabetic Neuropathy? Diabetes 2014;63:2206-2208. Petropoulos, Ioannis N.; Tavakoli, Mitra; Marshall, Andrew; Malik, Rayaz A. // Diabetes;Feb2015, Vol. 64 Issue 2, pe2
The article presents a response from van der Heyden and colleagues' comment on the need to develop better surrogate markers to translate clinically meaningful new therapies for diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPN). Topics discussed include opportunities and limitations associated with altered...
- High-Frequency Ultrasonic Dopplerography for evaluating results of metabolic therapy in diabetic patients with chronic complications. Zelenina, T.; Belevantseva, N.; Zemlyanoy, A.; Vorokhobina, N. // Regional Haemodynamics & Microcirculation;2014, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p38
Purpose. Diabetic neuropathy is the most common complication of diabetes mellitus. Neuropathy is steadily progressing even when the compensation of diabetes is observed. The search of the new methods of treatment and diagnosis of neuropathy is required. The research work outlines the potential...
- The Ipswich Touch Test for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy. Kuritzky, Louis // Neurology Alert;Sep2011 Supplement, p18
The article discusses research on detection of diabetic neuropathy, with reference to the study "The Ipswich Touch Test for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy," by G. Rayman, et al. published in a 2011 issue of "Diabetes Care."
- 4-g Monofilament Is Clinically Useful for Detecting Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy. Nagai, Yukihiro; Sugiyama, Yu; Abe, Toshio; Nomura, Gakuji // Diabetes Care;Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p183
Compares the efficacy of a 4-gram monofilament in detecting early diabetic peripheral neuropathy. Subjects; Sensitivity tests; Comparison with the 10-gram monofilament.
- Doctoring Through the Complex Mindset of the Diabetic and Neuro-Insensitive Patient. REHM, KENNETH B. // Podiatry Management;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p93
The article discusses the treatment of a non-compliant or non-adherent diabetic patient to medical instructions. Topics discussed include the various forms of non-compliance or non-adherence, the different concepts of compliance and adherence, and the theory of orthopedic surgeon Dr. Paul Brand...
- Impact of diabetes mellitus duration on effect of lower extremity nerve decompression in 1,526 diabetic peripheral neuropathy patients. Zhong, Wenxiang; Zhang, Wenchuan; Yang, Min; Li, Guowei; Ma, Qiufeng; Yang, Xiaosheng // Acta Neurochirurgica;Jul2014, Vol. 156 Issue 7, p1329
Background: Diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPN) is one of the most common complications of diabetes mellitus (DM). The aim of this study was to analyze DM duration in the prognosis of diabetic peripheral neuropathy of the lower extremity. Methods: A total of 1,526 DPN patients who were treated...
- Screening for Diabetic Neuropathy Using the NeuroQol. Hermanns, Norbert; Kulzer, Bernd; Stark, Sabine; Haak, Thomas // Diabetes;Jun2007 Supplement 1, Vol. 56, pA497
Introduction: Early diagnosis of diabetic neuropathy is important to prevent diabetic foot problems. Diagnosis of diabetic neuropathy requires standardized assessment of neuropathy symptoms as well as clinical examination for sensory deficits. In this study we assessed the screening performance...