Gaming District's Bond Ability
- Referendum Could Lead to First Alaskan GO Debt in Decades. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;7/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31423, p3
Reports the approval of bond bills by governor Tony Knowles in Alaska. Allocation of budget for transportation and education; Commitment of the state to construction and repairs; Increase of taxation rate.
- Will Green Bonds Sprout? Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;5/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31877, p1
Discusses the prospect of the approval of the proposal for the green bond, the corporate tax bill that contains numerous municipal bond-friendly provisions, in the U.S. Explanation concerning the creation of the green bond proposal of a new category of tax-exempt bonds for large...
- Bevy of Bond Bills Passed. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/12/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32380, p33
The article reports on several bond-related bills approved by the Alaska Legislature. One bill would increase the bonding authority of the Alaska Municipal Bond Bank. Another bill authorizes the Knik Arm Bridge and Toll Authority to issue toll revenue bonds and borrow money through the federal...
- Bulk of California's big bond bills survive legislative deadline. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;06/11/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30660, p38
Reports on the status of various bond-related legislative bills in California, after the June 4, 1999, legislative deadline. Bills which failed and succeeded to pass a single chamber; Projects to be financed by the proposed bond offerings; Key provisions of the bills.
- Arkansas Eyes $1.3B For Highways. // Bond Buyer;3/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32097, p1
The article reports that Arkansas lawmakers will weigh in for the first time in March 2005 on proposed legislation that would allow the state highway department to issue up to $985 million of revenue bonds to finance the majority of a $1.3 billion road improvement program. According to the bill,...
- Seattle Mayor's Transportation Plan Leans on Tax Hikes to Back Bonds. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;5/25/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32389, p3
The article reports on the possibility of issuing up to 150 million-dollars in general obligation bonds in Seattle, Washington. This issuance could happen if Mayor Greg Nickels' proposed tax levy would be approved by voters. According to the mayor's 2006 transportation initiative, a total of 1.8...
- House Overwhelmingly Approves D.C.'s Fiscal 2005 Spending Plan. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31930, p4
Reports on the U.S. House's approval of Washington, D.C.'s spending bill for the fiscal year beginning October 1, 2004, which authorizes the city to sell $400 million of general obligation bonds. Federal payment to the city under the bill; Components of the spending plan.
- Mississippi Lawmakers Pass Three Bills Authorizing $200 Million of Debt. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/4/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31608, p4
Mississippi lawmakers have approved bills authorizing nearly $200 million of debt for colleges, capital expenses, and a rural economic development program. In another bond bill, the Legislature authorized the sale of about $140 million of GOs for public colleges and universities, community...
- West Virginia Parkways Agency Pushing for Higher Bond Cap. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31839, p1
Reports on efforts of the West Virginia Parkways Authority to increase the amount of debt it can issue so it can sell more bonds to accelerate road improvement projects. Permission of issuance of bonds as existing debt is paid off; Plans for a bill that would permit the Parkways Authority to...