Arkansas Lawmakers Offer Tobacco Bond Bill at Special Session
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;6/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31652, p6
Presents information on status of bond-related legislative measures in the U.S. as of June 9, 2003. Proposed law regarding emergency securities response; Bond programs for which Indian schools are eligible; Situation in which Indian tribes can issue tax-exempt bonds.
- Oklahoma Lawmakers Expect to Pass $500M Higher Ed Bill Quickly. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, p31
Reports on the higher education bond bill passed by the House in Oklahoma. Parties involved in the negotiation of the bond bill; Use of lottery revenues for debt service for the bonds; Outlook of rating agencies on the bonds.
- May I Have a Light? Phelps, Janet M. // Business NH Magazine;Oct2000, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p5
Focuses on the use of tobacco taxation to balance education funds in New Hampshire. Reconsideration of the management of educational and general funds; Importance of tax commissions to study economic impact of funding options; Need for an educated workforce in the economy; Impact of tobacco tax...
- Senate Finance Committee Passes Tax Extenders Bill. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;4/4/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F314, p1
The article focuses on the passage of a bill by the U.S Senate Finance Committee to extend the expiring tax provisions related to bonds, local and state governments and Puerto Rico. It informs that the bill would extend the qualified zone academy bond program that will help public schools in...
- Repeal of Alabama's One-Cent Sales Tax Becomes Political Football. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, p31
Reports that Alabama Representative Mary Moore has refiled a bill seeking to repeal the one-cent sales tax backing revenue bonds sold to fund capital improvements at public schools in Jefferson County. Outcome of Moore's original measure in the House; Sale of revenue warrants by the county in...
- Mississippi Lawmakers Adjourn Without Budget Agreement. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/11/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32108, p32
Reports on the result of the budget agreement of lawmakers in Mississippi. Total stalled education budget; Time given to the legislators; Proposal of the legislators for a bond bill.
- WASHINGTON: Higher Ed Agency Bonding. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;4/13/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32607, p9
The article announces that Governor Christine Gregoire will be signing a bill into law that would authorize the issuance of revenue bonds by the Washington Higher Education Facilities Authority. Proceeds of the bonds would be used to finance the authority's student loan originations and...
- North Carolina Legislature's Deadline to Pass Bills Today. deSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/24/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32636, p38
The article reports on the bills that the North Carolina Legislature need to pass from their respective chambers in May 24, 2007. Several bills call for bonds to be issued for school construction projects throughout the state, including the HB 1957 which would direct all lottery proceeds to back...
- Lawmaker's Bill Would Ease Advance-Refunding Limits. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31582, p4
Reports on a possible legislation on a Senate bill in the U.S. Senate as of February 2003, that could ease advance-refunding restrictions related to bonds, allowing states and local governments to take advantage of low interest rates. Details of the bill; Person who introduced the legislation...