NAR: Record Sales For Second Homes in 2005
- Vacation home sales hit high. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/2/2015, pA02
The article reports that the sales on vacation homes has increased in 2014 according to the trade association National Association of Realtors while homes bought for investments and owner-occupied purchases fell.
- One real estate market that's still hot. Wollenberg, Yvonne Chilik // Medical Economics;6/1/2007, Vol. 84 Issue 11, p20
The article reports on the surging vacation home sales in 2006 in the U.S. The National Association of Realtors has presented the data on the rise of real estate sales. It discusses the purchase of homes for investments which had lost the appeal for speculators. The paper presents a fall on the...
- Market Share Down For Second Homes. // American Banker;3/31/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 61, p12
The article reports that the sale of vacation homes and investment homes in the U.S. dropped to 30% of all new home purchases in 2009. In 2005 vacation home sales accounted for 40% of all purchases. Lawrence Yun, chief economist for the National Association of Realtors, said he expected sales of...
- Second- home Sales Up. // Qualified Remodeler;May2013, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p8
The article offers information on a report by the National Association of Realtors in the U.S. which indicated that vacation home sales improved in 2012, while investment purchases remained elevated for a second consecutive year.
- Pending home sales fall. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/11/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 34, p10A
The article reports on the decline of pending home sales to its third-lowest reading as the housing market's recovery continued to prove elusive in the U.S. The National Association of Realtors' seasonally adjusted index of pending sales for existing homes fell 4.7 percent to 84.7 from an...
- Home Resales Fall Again on Tighter Credit Standards. // American Banker;5/8/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 89, p11
The article reports that the number of sales of existing houses in the U.S. fell in March, 2008 for the second consecutive month. The National Association of Realtors announced that sales fell one percent compared to the previous month. Tighter credit standards for mortgage loans were deemed...
- Pending Home Sales Index Holds at 85.9 in Jan.: NAR. Seigel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/7/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32831, p37
The article reports on the release of pending home sales index for March 2008 in the U.S. According to an index published by the National Association of Realtors (NAR), pending home sales remained at a reading of 85.9 in January 2008 which reveals unchanged from unrevised reading in December...
- NAR: April Pending Home Sales Down 3.2%. Yong Lim // Bond Buyer;6/4/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32642, p2
The article reports on the data released by the National Association of Realtors (NAR), revealing that the pending home sales index fell 3.2% to 101.4 in April 2007 from a revised level of 104.8 in March 2007. According to NAR, the index, which a leading indicator for the housing sector and...
- Existing Home Sales Drop 1.8% to 5.05M Rate in August. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;9/23/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34182, p1
Existing home sales fell 1.8% to a seasonally adjusted 5.05 million-unit rate in August from a revised 5.14 million pace the previous month, the National Association of Realtors announced Monday.