Secondary Improves; Most Attention on Primary
- With Rising Yields, Buyers Bide Their Time. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;6/12/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33927, p2
In this article, the author offers information on the status of the U.S. municipal bond market in the second week of June 2013. She discusses the performance of the primary and secondary markets that have closed on a softer note during the week. She also informs that the municipal bond yields...
- Market Post: Puerto Rico, California Weaken in Secondary Trading. Oliver, Renick; Flynn, Hillary; Bonello, Maria // Bond Buyer;3/18/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34077, p1
The article focuses on the performance of the general obligation (GO) bonds market of Puerto Rico and California as of March 2014. Topics discussed include yield on Puerto Rico GOs, decline in the demand of GOs in secondary trading and high demand of GOs in the markets of California and Puerto...
- Market Close: Tax-Exempts Push Rally Into a Sixth Day. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;1/14/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34043, p1
The article reports that the municipal bond yields in the U.S. have pushed lower as of January 13, 2013 amid moderate trading in the secondary market. According to a trader, the municipal market was higher on January 10 but almost fell about three-to-five basis points. It mentions that...
- California Leads Flurry of New Deals. Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;3/4/2015, p39
The article reports on the negotiated and competitive deals for municipal bonds in the U.S. as of March 4, 2014. California and Maryland led the deals for the primary market. The yield for the 10-year benchmark muni general obligation was unchanged while treasury prices were mixed in the...
- Municipal prices see modest gains; Florida county deal leads primary. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/02/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30840, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States on March 1, 2000. Prices of long-dated municipal bonds; Improved market liquidity; Secondary market trades.
- Municipal Secondary Quakes a Bit Amidst $1.5 Billion in New Deals. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;09/13/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30974, p2
Highlights trends in the municipal bond market in the United States as of September 12, 2000. Trading in the municipal secondary market; New issues; Active participation of sellers in the secondary market; Negotiated California activity; Reoffering yields.
- Munis End Steady With Firm Tone; N.Y.C. TFA Sells $95 Million to retail. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;04/11/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30868, p2
Reports on the performance of United States municipal bonds in April 10, 2000. Secondary market selling; Future tax secured bonds issued by New York City Transitional Finance Authority; Modest gains reported by municipal traders; Factors that have translated into a healthy appetite for...
- Top 10 secondary market bonds ranked by number of times traded. // Bond Buyer;02/04/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30572, p7
Lists the top secondary market bonds, ranked by number of times traded. Includes the Hudson County, New Jersey Improvement Authority; New York State Series F; Puerto Rico.
- Municipals Edge Higher Following Policy Announcement Front Fed. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p2
Reports on trading in the municipal bond market in the U.S. on September 21, 2004. Changes in municipal bond yields; Raising of the federal funds rate; Activity in the primary market.