Miami-Dade Highlights Florida's Big
- Tax-Backed Transit Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/2/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32330, p35
The article reports that the county commissioners of Miami-Dade County, Florida will discuss in March 2006 the approval of competitive revenue-backed transportation bonds. Funds will be used for transportation projects and reserve account funding. The half-cent sales tax that would back the...
- With problems mounting, Nassau County, N.Y., puts rans on hold. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/15/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30683, p3
Highlights Nassau County, New York's cancellation of its plan to sell revenue anticipation notes as well as general obligation bonds. Aim to minimize the damage that might be caused by Standard & Poor's critical report; Two downgrades from different rating agencies; Institutional investors'...
- Arkansas may use tobacco settlement proceeds to bond. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;07/15/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30683, p36
Focuses on Arkansas' plan to use its $1.62 billion tobacco settlement to secure bonds. Arkansas House committee's consideration of the financing tool; Concern about securitization; Plan of Arkansas Highway Commission to issue Garvees.
- Texas tollway agency choosing pricing team. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;05/19/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30396, p32
Focuses on the North Texas Tollway Authority's selection of a financing team to negotiate the pricing of the agency's first new-money bond issue. Utilization of the proceeds to partially fund conversion of a stretch of highway in Irving.
- Oklahoma authority will try again to restructure amphitheater debt. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/08/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30430, p30
Focuses on the Eufaula, Oklahoma Industrial Authority's efforts to push for the development of a new plan to restructure the defaulted debt incurred through the selling of bonds sold in 1993. Activities by Bank One Trust Co.; Details of the bond issue; Features of the bankruptcy protection...
- Southeast invisible supply. // Bond Buyer;03/09/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30845, p29
Presents a chart on local bonds in the United States. Includes local bonds of Florida, Georgia and Kentucky; Issuer, purpose and approval status of each local bonds; Cost and expected sale date of bonds.
- Passaic County, N.J., Weighs Options for $78 Million of Incinerator Debt. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;10/13/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30498, p28
Focuses on the plans by Passaic County, New Jersey to deal with its outstanding debt of $78 million for a trash incinerator. Plan to default on $27 million of unsecured bonds; Impending release of plans by members of the county's governing board for refinancing the debt; Features of the...
- Local governments in Arkansas push for TIF-bond power. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;10/29/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30510, p6
Reports on the efforts of local governments in Arkansas, to have the authority to issue tax-increment financing (TIF) bonds. Lobbying efforts of local governments to place a constitutional amendment addressing the issue; Plans of local governments in using TIF as a financing tool.
- Mississippi deals could include negotiated refunding. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;03/04/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30591, p28
Informs about Mississippi's plan to issue as much as $570 million of bonds in spring 1999. Expected increase in borrowing; Mississippi Department of Transportation's desire to improve rural roads and ease traffic in counties; Unsolicited refunding proposals.