Secondary Gets a Shot in the Arm
- Market Close: California Tops Secondary as Primary Market Fizzles. Smith, Kate // Bond Buyer;9/9/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34174, p1
The article discusses the conditions of the U.S. municipal bond market as of September 9, 2014 that has reported fall in the primary issuance. Topics discussed include domination of California's general obligation and local school districts bonds in the secondary market, increased secondary...
- Market Close: Expensive Primary Points Traders to Secondary. Smith, Kate; Bonello, Maria // Bondbuyer.com;10/6/2014, p1
As yields contract further, traders have found value within "off the beaten track" credits in the secondary market. While primary supply has been healthier than in previous weeks with $6 billion of scheduled issuances, the pricing has been expensive enough to force traders to be more creative.
- Municipal prices see modest gains; Florida county deal leads primary. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/02/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30840, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States on March 1, 2000. Prices of long-dated municipal bonds; Improved market liquidity; Secondary market trades.
- Municipal Secondary Quakes a Bit Amidst $1.5 Billion in New Deals. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;09/13/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30974, p2
Highlights trends in the municipal bond market in the United States as of September 12, 2000. Trading in the municipal secondary market; New issues; Active participation of sellers in the secondary market; Negotiated California activity; Reoffering yields.
- Munis End Steady With Firm Tone; N.Y.C. TFA Sells $95 Million to retail. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;04/11/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30868, p2
Reports on the performance of United States municipal bonds in April 10, 2000. Secondary market selling; Future tax secured bonds issued by New York City Transitional Finance Authority; Modest gains reported by municipal traders; Factors that have translated into a healthy appetite for...
- Top 10 secondary market bonds ranked by number of times traded. // Bond Buyer;02/04/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30572, p7
Lists the top secondary market bonds, ranked by number of times traded. Includes the Hudson County, New Jersey Improvement Authority; New York State Series F; Puerto Rico.
- Market Post: Munis Firmer on Active Secondary. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;10/21/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 33998, p1
The article informs that the due to increased activity in the secondary market, the U.S. municipal bond market has observed lower intermediate and long-term tax-exempt yields as of October 21, 2013.
- Munis Weaker as Supply Outweighs Data. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/26/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32555, p2
The article provides updates regarding municipal bond market in the U.S. On January 24, 2007, the municipal market was weaker, following the Treasuries, which represents little response to economic data released. According to traders, municipal yields were higher by about four basis points....
- Munis Slightly Weaker After Holiday. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32484, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. in the first week of October 2006. The municipal bond market was quiet, but slightly weaker. On the other hand, the U.S. Treasury market is a little off, and it has driven institutional investors to be more relaxed...