Illinois Bill Would Let Chicago Explore More Privatization Deals
- Midway Dreams Still Alive. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/5/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33311, p9
The article reports on the expectation of the Chicago, Illinois government to resurrect the proposed privatization of the Midway Airport.
- Chicago Leaves Door Open For Midway Airport Lease. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/3/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33690, p1
The article reports that Chicago, Illinois is set to decide whether to attempt to privatize Midway Airport that would preserve the city's ability to uprise a lease deal.
- For privatization to work, Midway needs modernizing. Andersson, Matt // Crain's Chicago Business;8/16/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p12
The article comments on whether Midway Airport of Chicago is ready for privatization as proposed by the Illinois government.
- Midway's back on deal radar. Pletz, John // Crain's Chicago Business;7/5/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 27, p3
The article offers information on the proposed privatization deal of the Midway Airport in Chicago, Illinois.
- Not so fast, Mr. Mayor, on auctioning off Midway. Cahill, Joe // Crain's Chicago Business;2/4/2013, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p0004
In this article, the author reflects on the proposal of Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel in Illinois to privatize Midway Airport. He says that the potential benefits of leasing the city's No. 2 airport had dwindled considerably. He believes that airport privatizations can work for cities and investors...
- Chicago Issues RFQ for Midway Airport. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/14/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32816, p1
The article reports on the issuance of request for qualifications (RFQ) for the Midway Airport (MA) in Chicago, Illinois. The city plans to privatize MA, thereby searching for potential bidders interested in a long-term lease to operate the airport. A preliminary agreement paves the way for...
- Chicago's Midway Closes in on a Buyer. Allen, Laura // Governing;May2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p80
The article focuses on the privatization of Midway airport located in Chicago, Illinois. The sale could grant the city $3 billion which will be used to slash pension plan liabilities and fund infrastructure projects. If the deal goes as planned, Midway would be the first major U.S. airport to be...
- Another step toward Midway lease. // Crain's Chicago Business;2/18/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p12
The article presents information related to the Midway Airport in Chicago, Illinois. It is reported that Midway Airport is going to become the first major U.S. airport to go private. It is further reported that the city announced that most carriers there back a plan that calls for leasing the...
- Southwest seeks a cut of Midway cash. Pletz, John // Crain's Chicago Business;5/18/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p3
The article reports that Southwest Airlines Co. is trying for a share of the $126 million breakup fee from the aborted privatization of Midway International Airport, Chicago, Illinois. Southwest and other airlines were poised to profit from the privatization deal, which would have frozen the...