Equine Upgrade Under Way
- Authority to set new Mello-Roos guidelines. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;12/08/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30287, p37
Announces a meeting set for January 1998, by the Antioch Area Public Facilities Finance Authority when voting will take place on a set of guidelines for spending Mello-Roos bonds. Why this voting is taking place; Information on the creation of the Mello-Roos district; What Mello-Roos bond are;...
- Arkansas Prisons: A Growth Industry That Just Won't Quit. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/21/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30853, p22
Focuses on the plans of Arkansas to sell more bonds to aid budget in housing increasing number of prisoners. Consideration on privatization of prison facilities; Budget estimates for a prison system; Details on the backlog of state inmates temporarily housed in county jails; Discussion on a...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew; Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/11/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31717, p31
Presents news briefs related to bonds in the U.S. as of September 11, 2003. Introduction of transportation projects in Georgia which will be funded by a multi-million dollar bond package; Plans of Virginia state to launch an efficiency review of spending on kindergarten through grade 12...
- Alaska lawmakers, governor at odds over $1.1 billion capital budget. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;05/06/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30387, p3
Reports on the capital spending budget for fiscal 1999 proposed by the Republican leadership in the Alaskan Legislature. Plans to use part of the dividend payment to secure bonds; Expenditure of proceeds from the Alaska Housing Finance Corp.'s bond issues; Proposed spending on transportation.
- Poll shows fear of park cuts. Abbott, Jez // Horticulture Week;11/12/2010, p4
The article reports on a survey conducted by the Association for Public Service Excellence (APSE) to park managers in Great Britain which reveals that 98% of the respondents stated that their budgets will decrease as a result of the 2010 comprehensive spending review by the British government.
- Park managers look to future after cuts. Lowe, Kate // Horticulture Week;11/12/2010, p16
In this article, the author discusses the 2010 survey conducted by the Association for Public Service Excellence to park managers in Great Britain which reveals the impact of the comprehensive spending review released by the British government on park's overall budget.
- Judge Set to Decide Legality of Kentucky Governor's Spending Plan. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/11/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31903, p4
Reports that a circuit court judge will decide whether Kentucky governor Ernie Fletcher has the power to implement his own spending plan for the state after lawmakers failed to do so. State's bond rating; Disagreement of lawmakers on a tax reform plan proposed by Fletcher; Amount needed to make...
- SOUTHEAST BOND-WATCH. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew; Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;10/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31237, p30
Reports developments related to bonds in the southeastern states of the United States as of October 2001. Measures taken by Governor Jeb Bush to address problems on budget deficit in Florida; Plans of the New Hanover County in North Carolina to sell certificates of participation to fund...
- Clinton signs bill with cap increase. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/22/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30505, p9
Reports that United States President Bill Clinton signed the catch-all spending bill containing the bond provision which increases the private-activity volume cap. Provisions imposed under the bill; Overview on the tax portion of the legislation; Volume cap increase as a top priority of...