Tax-Cap Vote Drive
- LIMIT REAL PROPERTY APPRAISALS AND LIMIT REAL PROPERTY TAXES PETITION. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);10/4/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p10
A copy of the tax payers' petition to the Legislature and the Governor of the state of Texas to limit real property appraisals and taxes is presented. According to the article, unpredictable periodic tax increases effect financial planning, cause financial instability and anxieties to both the...
- Teaming Up on Taxes. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/1/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31731, p1
Reports on the formation of a team to restructure the tax system in Indiana. Declaration of the Supreme Court of the method for taxing real property as unconstitutional; Assembly of the team to workout on the details of restructuring; Basis of the property-tax assessment.
- Finding savings in property taxes is a growing business in Indiana. Miller, Laura Novello // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/7/94, Vol. 15 Issue 32, Taxes/Financial planning p5B
Focuses on the growing property-tax consultation business in the Indianapolis, Indiana area. Opportunities in assessment discrepancies brought upon by Indiana's unique property-tax law; Spotlight on Warren Warren & Associates and Innovative Consulting. INSET: Deductions can lower your property...
- Lobbying: Your responsibility. Clark, Larry J. // Assessment Journal;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p63
Discusses the role and responsibilities of tax assessors and appraisers, for the administration of property tax laws. Types of difficulties these individuals encounter; Author's experience as a lobbyist representing the Kansas County Appraisers Association; Suggestions made by the author.
- If the constitution calls for frequent revaluations, why don't we get them? Jacobson, Alf // New Hampshire Business Review;03/23/2001-04/05/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p9
Reports on New Hampshire Supreme Court's consideration of a lower court decision that the current statewide property tax as currently administered is unconstitutional. Variation of assessment rates among the cities and towns through the state in terms of the real values; Controversy over...
- Land valuation. // Assessment Journal;May/Jun97, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p77
States that in fulfilling its duty to assess similar property the state board of tax commissioners may not arbitrarily limit its comparisons to property within the same subdivision based on the case of Vonnegut versus State of Board of Tax Commissioners. Background information about the case;...
- NH Grants Greenhouses Property Tax Exemption. // American Nurseryman;11/15/98, Vol. 188 Issue 10, p14
Reports on a legislation passed in New Hampshire that exempts temporary, free-standing, plastic-covered greenhouses from state property taxation. Concern of the New Hampshire Plant Growers Association over the taxation of greenhouses; Conditions that must be satisfied by greenhouses to make them...
- Property Taxation in Senegal: Legislation and Practice. Monkam, Nara F. // Journal of Property Tax Assessment & Administration;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p41
The article examines the property tax system as practiced and legislated in Senegal in 2011. It discusses the significance and extent of yearly property taxes as sources of municipal and/or national revenue and distinguishes priorities for the country's property tax reform. It analyzes the land...
- RELIEF PLAN TO BE TAXING FOR COUNTY. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;7/2/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p3
Focuses on the homeowner property tax assessment exemption ordinance in Cook County, Illinois. Property tax relief projected from the measure; Criticism of the measure by civic activists and public officials; Importance to the county's property tax reform initiative.