Orrick's Knox Honored by California Lawyer Magazine
- NYC suits Frisco law firm. Gabriel, Frederick // Crain's New York Business;06/16/97, Vol. 13 Issue 24, p37
Focuses on Orrick Herrington and Sutcliffe a San Francisco based law firm, as it tries to establish itself in New York. Plans to compete with other New York firms; Size of the firm; Information on firm's growth plans; Problems faced by the firm.
- Orrick Offers Options for Strapped California Governments. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/20/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32840, p23
The article reports on the move of Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP in San Francisco, California, to send out pamphlets entitled "Budget Relief and Deficit Financing By Local Governments in California," which gives options to local governments that are facing budget deficits in the area....
- Orrick looks for further growth in Los Angeles with new office head. Hobbs, Kathryn // Lawyer;7/29/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 31, pUS1
Deals with the appointment of real estate partner Michael McAndrews as head of the Los Angeles, California office of law firm Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe in July 2002. Reason for his selection; Background on the branch office.
- Orrick takes on $9bn State of California municipal finance deal. Begum, Husnara // Lawyer;11/18/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 46, pUS1
Reports that Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, a law firm in California, has landed a $9-billion municipal finance deal with the state.
- Orrick Herrington Raids Ater Wynne's Public Finance Office in Portland. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;3/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31587, p6
Reports that San Francisco, California-based law firm Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP has hired several members of Ater Wynne LLP's public finance group in Portland, Oregon. Names of these persons; Positions held by the persons at Ater; Profile of these people.
- Muni rival courting Chapman lawyers. // Crain's Chicago Business;7/17/95, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p30
Reports that Chicago, Illinois law firm Chapman & Cutler is beset by speculation that a group of bond specialists is considering a defection to San Francisco, California-based competitor Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe.
- Orrick saves costs with support staff move. Smith, Claire // Lawyer;9/24/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p2
Explains that law firm Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe has saved cost by moving its support staff to an office set up in West Virginia. Information on the global operations of the law firm; Estimate on the savings of the firm every year.
- Orrick's Italian launch kicks off with major E&Y corporate raid. Cahill, Julia // Lawyer;4/7/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the preparations of law firm Orrick Herrington and Sutcliffe to launch its legal practice in Italy. Legal services to be offered by the firm; Negotiation for the hiring of Alessandro De Nicola, Luigi Colombo and Guido Bardelli; Comments of Orrick chairman Ralph Baxter regarding its...
- Orrick build European empire with Paris launch. Hoare, Steve // Lawyer;10/7/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p7
Reports on the business expansion of Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe company in Europe. Acquisition on the office of Watson Farley & Williams by Orrick; Number of partners and associates assigned to the acquired offices; Plans of the company to recruit lawyers.